CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, July 2, 2010

Lesley Livingston -Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange 1)

  
      I finished this book last week and fell in love with this new author, Lesley Livingston. I don't usually read a lot of young adult books. What can I say, I have only been an official adult for only 4 and half years now, so I want to enjoy adult things (get your brain out of the gutter). Nonetheless I prefer more adult orientied books.  But this one hooked me somehow. I think after reading the outstanding books from Karen Marie Moning, I have been searching for books on the Fey and this one got me.
      This book is a about a 17 year old girl named Kelley Winslow who is an aspiring actress. She lives in New York with her high maintenance roommate Tyff. Kelley just got promoted from stage hand to the lead role in the Shakespeare play A Midsummer Night's Dream ironically enough. This is where things turn for Kelley, for better and worse.
     Kelley ends up in a park that, strangely, most humans tend to avoid. This is where a mysterious teenager boy by the name of Sonny shows up in her life with just a flower and a smile. Kelley ends up distracted with her reviewing her lines, that she stays late in the park. This has dire consequences because she comes across something else mysterious that sends her world spinning for the worse.
     I really enjoyed the hell out of this book, I couldn't put it down. Livingston made this book both fun and yet a little dark and that is what drew me to it. This kind of style is definitely something I look for. This book is full of fantasy, imagination, mystery and more. It has a great plot with a little twist. So even if you are like me and not that big on young adult books, this book will entice you.
  
For more information, go here: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/l/lesley-livingston/wondrous-strange.htm

Rating:  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D