CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekend Box Office Prediction



     This will be a little tricky this weekend. Predators maybe a remake but it truly looks promising. Adrien Brody never disappoints me and Robert Rodriquez is such an amazing director (with the exception of The Advetures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, aghhhhh!). I pray that this will be as great as it looks and lives up to the original one.  

     Then there is Despicable Me. I really want to see this. It looks like the sort of film that will be adorable, hilarious amd maybe touching. Steve Carell is usually a sure fire hit and I love the concept of the movie. This looks like a film that remembers both kids and parents will be in the audience. 

    Last but not least, the bane of my existence, The Twilight Saga: Eclispe. I cannot stand this series. Honestly it pisses me off. Everytime I have asked why you like Twilight or have heard the question why, I get the two same dumbass answers. (1) It is so romantic and/or (2) Edward/Jacob are so hot. That is it. I never hear this is a great movie or it has a great story. Those are it. Well one, I am not much for romantic flicks at all (if it were up to me romantic comedies would be obliterrated). But I am sure there must be something that is not as silly and sappy as this. I can't sit down and listen to "Bella I won't let anything happen to you" for two hours. I mean, I want a guy looking out for me and all, but I don't want a 100 year puppy dog. Then two, I agree, Edward and Jacod are hot. There is no way of getting around the fact that they are nice to look at. But I am a moviewatcher. I watch movies for the talent and I haven't seen much of it here to be honest. Are hot men enough for me to spend my 20 bucks on? HELL NO! Twilight is the biggest prank in the world. It shows you just how easy it is to make money off with  hot guys that don't wear t-shirts 95% of the time and mediocre acting  not to mention a story that just happens to look a lot like the Sookie Stackhouse books.

     So I am putting my money on Predators at number 1 this weekend just due to the cult following. Despicable Me looks promising, but still. It is always possible for Twilight to be number 1, sadly, but I can't talk common sense into everyone.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D