CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mivie Review: The Other Guys (2010)


I saw this film on Monday and I loved it. I think after the catastrophe that was Land of the Lost, Will Ferrell has redeemed himself. This was a comedy that was just crazy, irreverent and only mildly raunchy (not surprising given the PG-13 rating, but I would have liked an R-rating).
This film opens up with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (Yum) and Samuel L. Jackson wrecking the city chasing Rastafarians (who were only carrying a pound of weed I believe) in the middle of New York. They are pretty much the city's "real life" action hero cops with a God complex. They think the can do anything and are invincible. But the film shows otherwise (which was very random and strange, but you really couldn't help but laugh). They are definitely cameos in the movie, but they worked well.
Then you have the Other Guys. Guys that are cops but do the desk jobs. Guys that don't get out of control. Our lead guys Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg) and Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) are the other guys. But Hoitz doesn't want to be the other guy. He wants to go out and get some action. He would have been your action cop if not for a very embarrassing accident featuring Derek Jeter.
Gamble doesn't want to be that kind of cop. He is ranted on by all the cops in the office about him not being a real cop. Gamble is a very easy target because, well I don't know why. Could be he didn't seem that bright a lot of the time or he just didn't have that great of an attention span when it came to the rest of the world. I think a little of both.
But an opportunity presents itself for them to rise above the mundane and into something great. But no one has faith in these guys and they think that they are creating things out of nothing. But they soon find out that nothing is what it seems.
The comedy in this movie was a lot like Tropic Thunder. It was hilarious, random, dumb and smart all at the same time. Also this movie was just as quotable  there were lines in this that I know I will be using. Then there were others that will give me nightmares (the soup kitchen term has scarred me)  But there wasn't a person who out-shined the rest though. Everyone seemed to be on an even and equally hilarious playing field.
Like always, I am keeping these short due to how long I use to make these reviews. But trust me, this film is worth it. Even if you are not a fan of Ferrell and/or Wahlberg, you should check this out.


For more, go here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386588/


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D