CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stephen Sommers coming back to do G.I. Joe 2

   Well, well. It seems we are going to get a whole lot of expensive, pretty nothing (sounds more like A Real Housewife of Orange County when put that way) from Stephen Sommers. I know a G. I. Joe sequel was inevitable, but still, come on! Now as asked, does adding new writers make a difference? Well, yes and no. Now grammar and dialogue means a lot in a movie to me (and well just in general). But good writers or not, the director has the final say.
    Take a writer like Alex Krutzman. I believe he is a great writer, but it is proof that a director can, of course, do what they want. He is the writer for Fringe and wrote the script for Star Trek (2009). But he also wrote the script for Transformer: Revenge of the Fallen (2009). So yes, I do believe good writers mean plenty. But if you don't have the right people delivering it or just a hacked job of a script, it won't been shit. Talented or not, it is not always a for sure thing. I know I am not the only person who was let down by a sequel (I am sooner to take a dump on Transformers 2 than watch it again).
    But a bit of advice for part two of this movie, try giving Channing Tatum a personality. Yes he is hot, definitely worth looking at. Yet if I were to take all the characters he has played and lined them up in line next to one another and have them act out their scenes, I would not be able to tell the difference. He is one of the most bland actors in Hollywood. I think the only film he is half decent in, for me anyway, was She's the Man and even still, Amanda Bynes stole the show.
     All in all, we do want the CGI, explosions, car crashes, the whole 9. But without the right actors and a good script, you might as well play the first G. I. Joe movie. Oh wait, please tell me this won't be in 3D? That is most likely to its saving grace.   

      
Visit here for full article: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706704/Stephen-Sommers-Returns-To-Direct-GI-Joe-Sequel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D