CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Box Office Prediction



    The Town, Easy A, Devil, and Alpha and Omega are the films opening this weekend. Now look at these, remember the trailers and it is pretty easy to know which one won't skim the Top 5 this weekend. Easy A, duh! Just kidding. Easy A is definitely my top choice for this weekend. I am a huge Emma Stone fan. Out of all the pointless actress that do nothing and make sex tapes and get paid for "reality tv", it is nice to see an actress my age who has it together. She is gorgeous, she is funny, and she has a nice tough girl next door. Stone is just like any girl except she makes tons of money (and is actually worth the money). This is my number one.
   The Town is definitely my number two choice. I believe this is from the same guy who directed Gone Baby Gone. Yes, that is right, directed by Ben Affleck himself. I have said this a million times and I will say it a million and one times, Ben Affleck is a better director than he is an actor. I am not dogging his acting skills mind you (well Gigli goes without saying), but after seeing Gone Baby Gone, I just couldn't believe. This film really does look Oscar worthy, yet again. With Jeremy Renner (Hell Yes!) and Jon Hamm (my imaginable husband), this movie looks to be very promising. Critics seem to agree as well, as you read this, this film is at 93% on rottentomatoes.com. I would say awesomeness is a total given.
  Devil. Well what can I say. Now if you are like me and you have been wondering if M. Night Shyamalan has been hit in the head over the past couple years, you are probably hesitant to watch this. I wanted to see this before I saw his name attached to it, so that has to count for something right? How can this man go from the greatness of The Sixth Sense to likes of Lady in the Water is, in my honest opinion, one of the biggest mysterious in the world. We know Shyamalan has talent, but it is as though it has gone on vacation to an unknown island after The Village (I did not hate this movie as much as others, but it was definitely not on the same level as his films prior to this). M. Night Shyamalan, I don't care what it takes, go on search and rescue and find your talent because you have been on thin ice for a while now and one more flop, your career will be very cold. Liked what I did there? I know you did. Anyway, I believe this has the potential on being in the Top 5 this weekend, but it all depends on how people still react to his movies.
  Last but not least, Alpha and Omega. Not too sure what to make of this. Nothing about jumps out at me. Don't say it is because I am an adult because like I said, I will be watching Pixar films when I am 100 years young. This movie is full of some very well liked actors and actresses, but I don't know if there is something here that is for the family. It seems just strictly for children. This sort of reminds me of Battle for Terra. Anyone, anyone? Exactly. I just had to look for the name on IMDB because I couldn't remember the name. This movie is full of memorable people who are making a forgettable film. I honestly forgot this came out today. I don't maybe the kids' parents would chuck out of a few bucks to send their kids to see this and it will make money. But again, it seems like a 3D film that is just...there. Top 10 at least.
  What do you guys think? Any film here that you think is a clear box office winner this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D