CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ilona Andrews - Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3)

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews



   I finished this just yesterday. I couldn't put it down even if I wanted to. Ilona Andrews, you have done it again. This series gets better and better. The adventures that Daniels and Curran go through every book are so incredible and imaginative, I am still scratching my head as to why this has not been made into a movie yet.
   This book starts off with Kate trying to get Derek out of a little bind. We soon find out this little issue is apart of a huge battle that can cut the city of Atlanta down to size. Our beloved Derek was trying his best to help a greedy and desperate girl escape the horrible life she chose. The girl, Livie, chose to be apart of a magical bunch of people because she wanted to be special. Unfortunately, it was more than she bargained for. She ended up working for a bunch of crazy, sadistic, stupid, and cannibalistic bunch who need to win an illegal tournament. The prize is something that puts all the of the Pack in jeopardy.
   Kate thinks Derek is a lovesick puppy at first, so she is not able to help Derek when he needs it. Derek fans, I do urge you to put sharp objects away immediately. Trust me, you will be as pissed as Kate was after things go down. I'm still pissed.
   I love how Andrews doesn't focus mainly on Kate, that we have a sense of all characters in the book. I love them all. I would love to see more of Raphael, he does crack me up. The story he told Kate about how his dad tried to impress his mom made me laugh so hard, there were tears coming out of my eyes.
   So again, the characters, the unimaginable action, the comedy, are perfect. We get to have more of Kate and Curran. Kate seems to hate him a little less this book around. We do get a hot scene, but they didn't touch the fire (thanks Derek). Seriously, if you have not read/started this series, what are you waiting for? Get it now. Why are you still reading? I said now.

View all my reviews


My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I so need to get on this series. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do need to get this. It is amazing. You'll love Kate, she is so badass and Curran is delicious. But I love the fact that this isn't a romance, it is definitely more about fighting crazy, out of this world monsters. Hope you get your hands on it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D