CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catwoman and Bane Announced!!!

 
Source: Den of Geek

     You have read the title and this is something I am happy about. Now being both a Batman fan (just see my Twitter name) and a Christopher Nolan fan (watched The Dark Knight eight times in theaters and still bought it on DVD and have digital download on iPod), this is news I am happy to pass on. They have chosen the actors to play some of my favorite villains.


   That is right people, Anne Hathaway is to play Ms. Selina Kyle aka Catwoman in the next installment of Nolan's Batman franchise. After the catastrophe of Halle Berry's Catwoman (I love you Berry, but come on!), I can at least have faith that Hathaway knows she must get this right so it won't turn out like that. I will always and forever love Michelle Pheifer as Catwoman though. The scene after her fall when she starts making her catsuit in Batman Returns is a scene I will never forget. That was the first time a woman ever freaked the hell out of me. What can I say, I was young, well youngeER, so it was new to me. She was so timid, under everyone's radar, and boom, she is the woman that would (excuse the pun), claw you to shreds. Up to this day, it is a favorite of mine. Nonetheless, with the exception of Hathaway's romantic comedies, I do believe she will make a great catwoman. I have faith in her.


    Then we have Tom Hardy. That sexy beast in the above image should look familiar to you. He played Eames (the Forger) from Inception (a film I can see 100 times over and still be baffled by it). Hardy will play Bane. Yes big and scary Bane. Now remember the last Bane? Oh yeah, that is the one. The one in Batman and Robin (a film I will detest until the end of time). So since this is Nolan, I know he will be able to erase that crackpot version of a character out of my mind. I can't wait to see Nolan's Bane. Will be very interesting. It makes me giddy just thinking about it. And it is Hardy, he is a wonderful actor with a very sexy voice. So I will enjoy watching and listening to him. The Dark Knight Rises is looking very good so far.
   What about any of you? Do you like the choices or can you think of other possibilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D