CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, January 24, 2011

Karen M. Moning - Shadowfever (Fever #5)

"Evil is a completely different creature, Mac.
Evil is bad that believes it's good."
MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.
Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.
What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.
In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.
Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?
From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.


     A year and a half worth of waiting for this book and it is finally here. So let me just start off by simply saying... THIS WAS PERFECT!!! There was no way I was going to wait to get this in my hands. I read the series twice before this and it still felt new and exciting. Obviously you know what I am going to give this book, but I feel like screaming from the rooftops about it. So join in and rave with me.
     I will go back and do a series review for the first four, but I had to get this out. This was such a perfect "ending" to this series. Answers and questions alike have been raised. Some of my theories were actually right and on point (pats brain for putting it together). Then there were answers we got that will knock you senseless. Shadowfever will grab you by the throat and won't let you go. I finished it and it still has me in its clutches. I am not comparing to the Sinsar Dubh, but it is just as powerful.
    Shadowfever picks up directly after where Dreamfever left off, no pretenses. So we found out who the beast was quite quickly. We had to find out quickly for good reason. The things we find out next, what Mac does is just overwhelming. Shadowfever got so unpredictable at times, I had to put it down for a few moments to catch my breath. If you aren't at risk of getting a heart attack, this book will surely get you there. Shadowfever was a rollercoaster for my mind. You go up and down, then there is an unexpected curve. A lot of curves and like a rollercoaster, if you aren't prepared for them, it feels like it can snap your neck.
     Moning did not give us all the answers and I love that because that leaves more excitement for the new books I hear are coming up. But trust me the answers we do get will have you in a state of awe. We find out what happens to Christian and we know we will be hearing more from one of our many gorgeous MacKeltar men. All of them make an appearance in this book by the way, which is really nice. Hard not to love them all. Adam is here as well, one of the two most likable of the Fae (2nd - V'lane). I use to think Adam was Barrons dad which means Circenn would have a brother, but I scratched that a long time ago. Sorry I am babbling, back to business. We also meet Barrons mysterious "brothers" that we had a glimpse of in Dreamfever. I would love to find out if these guys get their own series, I found them very entertaining especially Lor. Definitely nicer than Ryodan, but not by much. We also get the answer to the question that started off this series: Who killed Alina? Ahhhh, I wish I could say it. But make sure you have a brown paper bag around because it might leave you breathless. There are bunches of other stuff we find out as well (of course), but if I mention them, I will end up putting in a spoiler here and I can't do that to you guys.
   This is the biggest book of the series, 594 pages! But there wasn't any filler sentences. Almost every little scene turns out to mean something big in the end. This book is so worth the hype and more which is even more reason why I don't want it to be made into a movie. Hollywood has a tendency oF ruining things, this should not be one of them. Me being the book and movie lover I am, I am not sure I could take them screwing this up. This series is just too good. If it is to be so, please, please, pretty please with icing and a cherry on top, DO NOT MAKE MAC A TEENAGER! I have been hearing that rumor for the longest time and that is definitely the most terrible idea for this book. This is not for kids!
    I honestly didn't have even one issue with this book. Usually I can find at least one thing, but this met all my expectations and more. This is a series that should not be missed. And better yet, we know there is more to come, so the Fever is still on even though this is the end of the series. So happy I got it the day it released. Want to give a million more thanks to Smexybooks and author T.J. Michaels for the Fever Discussion and Giveaway. I still can't believe I won this amazing book. Shadowfever was such a wonderful read and the Fever series is a series I know I am going to read over and over again. This is one Fever I am glad I caught and don't want to part with.


My rating:
+ 1, oh yeah, I did it.




*This book goes to the following challenge:

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I am so glad you liked it. I love how your enthusiasm comes across in the review.

    I wasn't as in love with the final book, but I did like several aspects. MORE BARRONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Day Thanks so much. It was hard not to sound giddy when writing this. More Barrons was my favorite aspect too. God I love that man. As long as you stuck with it, that's great. I have heard people not liking it as much. But I am in love with this series. I am never going to give it up. Thank you for the comment hon. Drop by anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous review on Shadowfever! I didn't even know there was talk about this series being made into a movie...I will agree with you PLEASE don't! And if you do, make it x-rated with adults and a very sexy Barrons. Oh Lord, did I just say that??!! I mean R-rated. :-P I honestly never thought about her doing a spin on the 9 "brothers" but we did only really get to meet a few others so it would be awesome for her to do a series so we could get to know them all better. (I forgot his name) but I would love to hear the history on one the one brother was silent...I know it was because they killed the love of his life (at least that's what I assumed) but I think that would make a good book in itself. I can't wait to see your reviews on the first 4 books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @deannalynnc - Thanks so much hon. They have been talking about it for a year or so. But I agree, and X-Rated Barrons would be sooooooo nice. LOL! If it does happen, I hope they will make sure she is an adult. If she is a teenager, imagine what that means for Barrons! He would either be a teenager or a pedophile and neither of those appeal to me, that is for sure. I would love to see books for the other men especially Kasteo. That is why he was silent (for a thousand years!). Man, I could see that being a big seller for sure. I agree. I am hoping to get all my reviews in tomorrow *fingers crossed* Thanks hon and glad you love this as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D