CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, March 28, 2011

ARC Review: The Vampire Relationship Guide, Volume 1: Meeting and Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide #1) by Evelyn Lafont

 Format: Ebook (PDF)
 Author: Evelyn Lafont
 Series: Vampire Relationship Guide
 Release Date: March 31, 2011
 Publisher: Self Published
 Genre: Chick Lit/Paranormal Romance














Josie wants what she’s never been able to have—sex with a vampire. When she receives an invitation to a party thrown by one of the world’s richest vamps, she doesn’t stop to question her luck; she just jumps into her favorite stilettos and heads out to the event of a lifetime, secretly hoping that she’ll come home with a party favor in the shape of a sexy coffin dweller.

But the great undead, much to Josie’s chagrin, aren’t just pale sexbots with pointy teeth waiting to satisfy her carnal desires—they are dangerous…and sometimes cranky. With a single-minded focus on fulfilling her sole sexual longing, Josie unwittingly entrenches herself in the twisted and sometimes antagonistic world of vampire relationships with no one to guide her, but herself.


     Thanks to Evelyn Lafont herself, she gave me the chance to read her very first book. Now I must admit (and I told her myself) that I do like paranormal romance, but chick lit has never been my thing. But she said if I was a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series, then this should be up my alley. I must say, she was definitely right.

      Meeting and Mating is pretty straightforward. In a world where vampires and humans coexist on an actual normal basis, Josie, a thirty-two year old woman who works at a bridal shop, wants to finally do it...with a vampire. While at work one night, she gets an invitation from a mailman (who is a vampire) who says he can't make it to the party. Josie takes advantage and goes to this party and meets a sexy and rich vampire (with a spray tan) named Gregory. They hit it off and plan to meet up again. While leaving this party, she meets another vampire named who calls himself Walker. He is a smartass, a smoker, and is sort of stalking Josie. But oddly enough she ends up on a date with them both. It was more obvious the differences between the vampires and that just made it more fun to read.

      I am not going to say more because I will end up giving things away. It is short, but it is quite packed. But don't go in to this book expecting some novel about a chick gawking about love because I can tell you now, it will change on you. I wish I can say it, but trust me, by the time I got to the last two chapters, my mouth was hanging open. I really enjoyed this book. It may not have been my genre of choice, but I am glad I broke out of my comfort zone.  This book is full of humor, intriguing characters, and mystery. I just wish the book was longer, but I can tell you now, it is great either way. I am having an interview with Evelyn Lafont on Thursday and I hope to see you all there congratulating her on her first release. She deserves it. Thank you Evelyn so much and I can't wait to read more from this series.

Oh an by the way, make sure to check out the amazing trailer for this book as well. I guarantee you will be smiling (or drooling which was my case)


Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenge*

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic review Diana and I think it is awesome that the author came to you requesting that you read and write a review for her debut novel! You did an awesome job in such a short review and I do believe that I'm going to have to check this book out for sure! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deanna - Welcome hon. It was a short book, but it was worth it. That and I am trying not to make MY reviews so long. I don't know, either way, I am happy I read it and can't wait for the release. I am having an interview with the author on Thursday and I am so excited. Hope you check it out, I know you love the Sookie Stackhouse series too, so you will enjoy this. Thanks hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D