CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Top 5 Sundays – Books for an UF Newbie! (March 20, 2011)

Rules:
  1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
  2. Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
  3. Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
  4. After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
  5. If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
********************************************************************************


Ok finally getting to one of these list. This week Larissa's Bookish Life Top 5 Sunday theme are Books for a UF Newbie. So I think it best to make a list of the series that got me addicted to the genre or whatever I can think of at the moment. Here we go :) (in no particular order)

1) Jeaniene Frost - The Night Huntress series

I believe it is in agreement this is a great series to start with. It is one of my favorite series and I am so happy I stumbled on it. It is fun, fast paced and sexy. Also Cat and Bones are definitely one of the greatest couples in the Urban Fantasy world. Honestly, don't miss this series.


2) Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse series

This was the very first series I started. I was so eager to know what Sookie was on True Blood, I thought,  "Why not just read the books?". I am very happy I did. This series is the reason I am such an avid reader.


3) Karen M. Moning - Fever series

This is simply a favorite. I have read this series twice and was even more floored the second time around. So intriguing, so mysterious. Mackayla becomes a great heroine Barrons is my absolute favorite book boyfriend. Seriously, sexiest thing on the planet.




4) Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels series

Another favorite. A great series that is both fitting for men and women. This was the first series I read that was full of magic, action, and laughs. Again, another couple that can conquer the world. Kate and Curran are both wise asses that are too much fun to pass up.



5) Kim Harrison - Rachel Morgan series

When I first started taking reading seriously, if there was one name I saw more often than my own, it was Kim Harrison. So I thought I would dive in and start the Rachel Morgan series. I may have just started it, but I definitely understand why Kim Harrison is so popular in the Urban Fantasy world.  This is another series that is worth the hype and more.



6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the first three series that you mentioned! I have not been fortunate enough to read the last two series you mentioned by they are on my TBR list! For my 4th and 5th selections I'd say the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the chance to read the last two they are fantastic. I am not a Twilight fan at all and I am not sure Harry Potter is a UF, but I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on my blog. They absolutely made my day!!

    I've read 1,2, and 5. I have 3 and 4 on my TBR but I just haven't gotten to them yet.

    Megan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks!!! totally agree with all of them! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Megan Marie - You are welcome hon. I try to post everywhere, but I follow a lot of blogs LOL! We have similar tastes, so it was easy :D

    I hope you do get the chance to read the Kate Daniels series and the Fever series, They are amazing reads :) Thank you for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Larissa- Thanks hon. I am happy I chose some good ones. I thought it only right to choose the ones that got me hooked. Thank you for the comments hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D