- Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
- Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
- Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
- After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
- If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
Ok finally getting to one of these list. This week Larissa's Bookish Life Top 5 Sunday theme are Books for a UF Newbie. So I think it best to make a list of the series that got me addicted to the genre or whatever I can think of at the moment. Here we go :) (in no particular order)
1) Jeaniene Frost - The Night Huntress series
I believe it is in agreement this is a great series to start with. It is one of my favorite series and I am so happy I stumbled on it. It is fun, fast paced and sexy. Also Cat and Bones are definitely one of the greatest couples in the Urban Fantasy world. Honestly, don't miss this series.
2) Charlaine Harris - Sookie Stackhouse series
This was the very first series I started. I was so eager to know what Sookie was on True Blood, I thought, "Why not just read the books?". I am very happy I did. This series is the reason I am such an avid reader.
3) Karen M. Moning - Fever series
This is simply a favorite. I have read this series twice and was even more floored the second time around. So intriguing, so mysterious. Mackayla becomes a great heroine Barrons is my absolute favorite book boyfriend. Seriously, sexiest thing on the planet.
4) Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels series
Another favorite. A great series that is both fitting for men and women. This was the first series I read that was full of magic, action, and laughs. Again, another couple that can conquer the world. Kate and Curran are both wise asses that are too much fun to pass up.
5) Kim Harrison - Rachel Morgan series
When I first started taking reading seriously, if there was one name I saw more often than my own, it was Kim Harrison. So I thought I would dive in and start the Rachel Morgan series. I may have just started it, but I definitely understand why Kim Harrison is so popular in the Urban Fantasy world. This is another series that is worth the hype and more.