CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, March 7, 2011

Trailer Evaluation: The Hangover II (2011)


    YES!!! Now this may be more of a teaser, but I just wanted to talk about it. I am a huge fan the first Hangover. It is probably the most watched movie in my house. Everyone I know loves it, even my grandmother laughs at some of the jokes (while still complaining about the profanity, but still). That is the power of the Hangover. Which begs the question, out of the ridiculous amounts of bachelor/frat boy party films that have been made since the 70s (let's face it, Animal House started it all), what makes the Hangover so different? I know I am not the only one who is so done with the college, frat boy flicks about teenagers with nothing left to do but try to lose their virginities for whatever lame reason. National Lampoon, give it a rest already! But is that the reason why the Hangover is popular? It has taken that format and twisted to where it is fresh and actually funny. Not too mention, all the guys, especially Zach Galifianakis, all bring something to the table.  
    What do you guys think? Do you enjoy the bachelor party films? The Hangover?
 
    On another note, is Doug missing again?! Seriously, that guy obviously needs to be on a leash. But they seem to be in Thailand, which has never been my first choice for a vacation, but still. And guys, I really could have done better without the roach the size of my fist, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I had heard rumors that they were coming out with a second hangover but this confirms that they were telling the truth. I'm not sure what makes The Hangover so different from other movies similar to it but there is just something. Even the owner of the company had talked about it and how everyone needed to see it because it was the funniest movie ever. I really hope it lives up to the expectations set by the first one and doesn't fall very short...we all know how lots of sequals aren't the best in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deanna - That is my biggest thing too. I loved the first one so much. It still brings me to tears when I laugh. I hope the sequel will be just as good. So far though, a lot of sequels have been better than the original, it is when they get to the third one is when things go downhill :( But I can't wait for this, my fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess sequels are hit or miss...I've seen several sequels that were not nearly as good as the first and they should have just stopped there and not tried to move on. But def, when they hit movie number 3 it's normally way down hill already and they are terrible...only a few movies can pull of a third and actually make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deanna - So true LOL! There are some that are a hIt or a miss. But I love watching the sequels that are better than the originals, like Spiderman 2. One of the greatest sequels ever. Part 3, uhhh no. LOL! But I hope Hollywood will learn that three-quels are not always the best.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D