CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Top 5 Sunday - Favorite 1st Books in a Series!



Rules:
  1. Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
  2. Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
  3. Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
  4. After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post. 
  5. If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
 

Well I have a long list for this, but choosing only five is hard. But I think I have a good list. Here we go (in no particular order)

J.R. Ward - Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1)

I never thought Paranormal Romance would be my thing, but this book changed all that. The spectacular world of vampires that Ward created is the reason this is one of my favorite series in the world. Dark Lover alone was impossible for me to put down and that couldn’t be more true with the rest.




Nalini Singh – Angels’ Blood (Guild Hunter #1)

An amazing Urban Fantasy series and book 1 was just incredible. Not only is it insanely original, but it is so well written. Not to mention has one of the sexiest male characters you will come across.




Laurell K. Hamilton – Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #1)

I know people have various opinions about how the series is now, but there is no disputing, old Anita Blake kicked a lot of ass.  Blood, gore and Anita’s cut throat personality is why book 1 is on this list. That and it maybe Horror/Urban Fantasy, but the ending to this book sort of had me in tears. I will never get over that. Nonetheless, this is how I want my vampires and how I want my vampire executioner.




Keri Arthur – Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1)

This book was full of action, of all kinds. So much mystery, you don’t know who to trust and who not to trust. We get some pretty big surprises in this book and it really sets the tone for the rest of series. I may have wanted to slap Riley later down in this series because she is a tad bit selfish. But she is still a great character. This is a great and very sexy series worth reading.



 

Larissa Ione – Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1)

This book Is simply, a must read. Ione’s take on the world of demons is probably one of the most amazing things you will experience. The book is extremely sexy, full of crazy amazing characters that you will fall for instantly. When I finished this book, I immediately wanted to read it over again. To great to pass up.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I have all of the Demonica books but I have yet to start them. I've been in a bit of a reading slump so maybe I will pick up Pleasure Unbound.

    Megan @Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices. I'd like to throw in Ill Wind by Rachel Caine. AMAZING series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Megan - Thanks hon. I love Larissa Ione's work. Hope you start her soon. I am also in a reading slump. I know your pain. It sucks, but I will get there. Thanks for the comment hon :)

    @Jen - Thank you hon. I haven't read that one by Rachel Caine, but I am a fan of hers. So I will definitely start that one. Thank you for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Pleasure Unbound and Dark Lover sitting on my shelf right now waiting for me to pick them up and check them out! :-) Happy to see they are favorites of yours and makes me want to pick them up that much more. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deanna - Can't wait until you start them hon. They are so worth while. Seriously some of the best paranormal romance you will find. Guaranteed! Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D