CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, June 26, 2011

ARC Book Review: Celestial Seduction by Jessica E, Subject

Author: Jessica E. Subject
Series: 1NightStand
Number in Series: 20
Format: PDF
Release Date: July 1, 2011
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Genre: Science Fiction/Paranormal Romance












Make sure to check Decadent Publishing July 1st for this book. This is one of the short stories apart of the 1NightStand series.


Synopsis from Goodreads

At the end of his obligated commitment to the Space Service, Frey Berger decides to stay on Earth to further experience human emotions rather than return to Ginnun where his intended has already mated with another. Looking for real love and someone to accept him for what he is, Frey enlists in Madame Evangeline’s popular dating service. Although he does not understand the concept of a one-night stand, he hopes to find his perfect mate.

Carrie Cooper’s husband divorced her for someone who could provide him with children, leaving her with little self-confidence and no desire to let a man hurt her again. Her best friend convinces her to join a dating service, claiming Carrie needs to get laid, while not winding up with a broken heart since her date requires no commitment after the night is over.

Although several misunderstandings nearly derail them before the date has even begun, Carrie and Frey end up becoming closer than they ever believed possible. Still, Frey will need to convince Carrie that her perfect mate isn’t human at all, and that one night can lead to a forever love.


     I was asked to review this by friend and fellow book blogger, Jessica (@markofthestars). She also happens to be the author of this story. Now it was only 35 pages long, but it still managed to packed a punch for me.

     We start off by meeting Frey, our alien. He is sick and tired of being in space, of being taught not to feel anything. He wants to leave and live amongst the humans. His commander thinks he is making a big mistake. But Frey goes with his gut and stays on Earth. He wants to find a mate, someone open-minded who won't might the fact that he is an alien. So through the 1NightStand dating service, he is matched with Carrie, a divorcee being forced to find someone because of her best friend, Tamara. Carrie has lost her confidence and Frey is scared he won't be accepted for who he really is. When they get together, they find out there is more between them then they thought.

     This was such a great short. I really liked Frey and Carrie. When Frey and Carrie have their first sex scene, I actually laughed a bit because Frey was just adorable. For a guy, human or not, he was clueless about some things, but he learned quickly. Boy did he. Carrie was so freaked out and nervous about everything, her reaction to when she first saw the real Frey was much better than I thought. I honestly thought she was fragile and that would have been too much for her, but she took it better than most in her state would have.

     I recommend this story to anyone looking for a read that is both sweet and sexy all at once. This may be part sci-fi, but the characters were believable. This may be apart of the 1NightStand series, but can be read as a stand alone in case you saw 20th book in the series and freaked. Like I said, this is short, but it was an easy and hot read. Absolutely worth checking out. I can't wait for more from my good friend Jessica Subject, make sure you all remember the name.


Rating:







Also be sure to stalk Jessica here:

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my story and for posting such a great review. I truly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jessica! I'm looking forward to reading it. I love aliens:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jessica. Great review, I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Congrats Jess, I wanna read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great review! I'll be checking this one out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, thought it doesn't feel like something you normally review. Nevertheless, it seems like a nice one. Putting it on my to-be-read list for those days I'd like something steamy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic review Diana! I think this story sounds awesome, where can I get a copy? When will it be released to the public?? I love the thought of a man (even if he's an alien) not knowing things about sex. LOL.

    Does this give you a little more encouragement to sit down and get your story written??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Katja - Oh I love paranormal romance, so this was up my alley. I just tend to read more UF. But I hope you love it, it was great and very steamy.

    @Paperback Daydreamer - It comes out July 1st (Canada Day). You can get it at Decadent Publishing. I added the links in the post or visit Jessica's blog, she will have links too. It does encourage me for sure. Jessica has given me some great advice and I do have an idea now that works for me.

    Thank you all for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I edited this story. But I can tell you that Frey, the alien hero, completely stole my heart. I tell my authors over and over that if their hero sucks me in and causes that wonderful flutter in my tummy, then they have a winning story. Frey made my tummy flutter. Go Jessica Subject!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D