CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Book Review: Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5) by Rachel Caine


 Author: Rachel Caine
 Series: The Morganville Vampires
 Number in Series: 5
 Format: Audiobook
 Time: 7 hours and 59 mins.
 Narrator: Cynthia Halloway
 Release Date: January 6, 2009 (audiobook April 1, 2009)
 Publisher: Tantor Media
 Genre: Young Adult/Urban Fantasy/Horror










Buy here:



Synopsis from IndieBound


In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.


    Lord of Misrule is book 5 into my new favorite series, The Morganville Vampires. This is yet another book from this series that I just can’t get enough of.  This book did feel a tad bit different from the others. It was shorter and most of the action is in the end, but that doesn’t make this book any less enjoyable. Can’t stress it enough, if you haven’t started this series yet, get on it now.

     Lord of Misrule picks up where Feast of Fools left off. The Glass House has become the safe house for the town’s vampires. They are all trying to figure out how to take down Bishop after he has made it clear; Morganville is his for the taking. All the housemates have been given tasks by Amelie. Claire, being that she belongs to Amelie, goes with her to rescue our favorite charismatic vampire, Myrnin. Michael, Oliver and Eve are to protect the school. But Shane has the worst job of all, he is basically bait; Amelie has given him the job of tending the bloodmobile and the book that all the vampires will kill for. 

     The people of Morganville are angry and are taking steps to rebel against the vampires. They are scared and know vampires like Amelie and Oliver are even scared of Mr. Bishop. But things come to a halt when there is a bad storm coming in that will tear the city apart. So everyone, vampires and humans, alike have to work together to fight another day against Bishop.

     Another addition that makes me love this series even more. What I love is that this almost feels like a coming-of-age story. Claire is growing up before our very eyes. She was always brave I think, but in this book, she clearly has grown a pair. Her confrontations with Monica had me rooting. Monica really gets a taste of her own medicine in this book. This made me love Claire even more, no matter what because even though Claire had chance after chance to really rub shit in Monica’s face, she still helped her. I don’t know if that makes her crazy or not, but I love that she never stoops to Monica’s level even though I won’t blame her if she did. 

     We get more from our other characters as well. Shane and Claire are getting closer. Claire wants to rush things and Shane, surprisingly, wants to wait. I like that Caine has that in there. It makes it more likable and sweet to me. Shane and Michael are more on even ground since he is accepting Michael.  Myrnin, my absolute favorite, is as crazy as ever. We see that once we get to the end. This made me put the audiobook on pause because I just couldn’t believe it; I needed a quick break to get my brain together.

     Like I said this was another great addition. So much going on. The action does take a while to come to the light, but once it does, man it was good. This book probably had the best and worst cliffhanger ever. I don’t think I cursed that much out loud at the ending of a book since Dreamfever. Seriously Caine, you killed me with that. But luckily, got Carpe Corpus at the library just two days ago, so my anticipation was short lived. This will get your adrenaline pumping, trust me.


Rating:






*This book belongs to the following challenges*

1 comment:

  1. I did not read this review because I haven't been able to start the series and I don't want to ruin anything for myself. LOL. But I am very happy to see that you are still really enjoying this series so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D