CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Indie Book Review: Uncovered Truth (Wolf Town #1) by Robyn Sadler

Author: Robyn Sadler
Series: Wolf Town
Number in Series: 1
Format: Kindle
Release Date: February 21, 2011
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy













Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Charles has claimed Katrina as his. There's only one little problem. They come from different packs and the packs want to claim war with each other. It should be a piece of cake telling their family.


     Thanks to the powers of Twitter, I heard about Uncovered Truth from Twitter buddy, Robyn Sadler. So I thought a fun PNR written by a friend, win-win. And guess what? I am glad to say it really is.

      Katrina and Charles are werewolves and plan on getting married in a few weeks. Problem is, Katrina's family don't know she is getting married. An even problem is that they don't know she is going to marry her dad's rival's son. So since her family is one of the few who celebrate Thanksgiving, she thought it would be a good idea to tell them during her visit.

      I really liked this. I love the first scene when Charles meets Katrina's uncle. His uncle could have sworn he has seen Charles before, but he doesn't know for sure. I was so nervous at this point because I thought a fight would break out at in was only in the few couple of pages. Robyn did such a great job with pulling you into the characters' emotions. The more it goes on, the more on edge you feel because you know something is going to happen. The book brought in a surprising character that shot the tension through the roof. Actually all the characters bring that. You keep saying to yourself, "No one notice him! Not yet!"

      The plot was fresh and left me wanting more. This is a short story, but it manages to put you through the ringer. So much suspense packed in so few words. My only real complaint is that I wish we had more descriptions of our characters. I don't feel like I got a complete sense of who they were individually, but they were still worth reading about.

       Overall, this was a good read. Fun and suspenseful. I think Robyn has a gem here. There is definitely going to be much more to the series, so I can't wait to see what else is in store. Robyn is on her way.


Rating:





Stalk Robyn Sadler here:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I always like to see new what indie authors are coming out with. Glad you liked this one, will have to put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Diana! Happy you enjoyed it so much and I can't wait to see what you think of book 2 when you get to it/it is released. :-D I might have to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D