CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Book Review: Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires #7) by Rachel Caine

Author: Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires
Number in Series: 7
Format: Ebook (ePub)
Pages: 256
Publisher: Penguin Group US
Release Date: November 3, 2009
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Horror/Young Adult












Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads


Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again.

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theater company. But when one of Eve's castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger—-and way more dangerous—-than anyone suspected.



   Man, I am breezing through these books and I just can’t get enough. Words can’t begin to describe how happy I am that I stumbled upon Rachel Caine. Fade Out is the 7th book in the amazing Morganville Vampires series. And yet again, Ms. Caine brought on the goods. Oh and just in case, please do not read this if you are not this far yet.

     Like the other books, Fade Out kicks off a little bit after the last book, Carpe Corpus. Claire is still working for our fantastic Myrnin. On her first day though, something big happens to her that leaves her in a pain and even more embarrassment. But things seem to get worse after Eve gets a part in one of Morganville’s popular plays and befriends a fellow actress named Kim. Everyone seems to love Kim, except Claire. She thinks Kim has bad intentions and finds out that Kim has history with Shane. And if that is not bad enough, Ada, the ghost that runs Morganville, hates Claire’s guts because she is too close to Myrnin. Hey, I would kill for Myrnin too, but jeez, not Claire.

     I love this book. As you all know, the books are incredible to me and this was no different. I give applause to Claire and her friends in this because they really hold their own in this book. The new chick, Kim, is shady. She has her own agenda which is suicidal. She wants to make a reality series out of Morganville and spread it throughout the world. Some things she catches were beyond boundaries. It will get her killed very quickly from both humans and vampires. I loved this plot. Out of all the characters though, the one that surprised me the most in this was Oliver. I was actually beginning to like him in this. I have the feeling there is something between him and Amelie (which was mentioned). He may have his own agenda, but I think no matter his hate, he is always on Amelie’s side and for that matter, Claire’s.

    The other plots were incredible as well. Amelie is in a load of grief over the loss of Sam which has a dangerous effect on Claire. Through this we end up meeting a new vampire named Morley who does not like Amelie and her follows in the least.  We are definitely going to see more of him and his followers, but know he is creepy as hell. The people of Morganville are not really more on alert, but have become quite stupid and since Amelie isn’t herself, no one is safe, including the humans. There are riots against vampires and their followers and it seems like the town is splitting even more post-Bishop. Then there is Ada who is losing it and is coming up with new and inventive ways on getting rid of Claire. 

     I really enjoyed this book. I had a little problem with the way things go down with Kim. But I think there is more to come given who helped her. So my eyes are peeled. I don’t like Caine making me pity her, but man, that was just cruel. I can’t wait to see what will happen. I liked what happened with Ada, but I am scared to see how it will affect the town. 

    Again, this was pure awesomeness yet again. I love how things with the town seems to be getting bigger and bigger, if that is possible. I love that we got more Myrnin and his crazy outfits. I want a pair of vampire bunny slippers. Seriously, if those are around, send me some for Christmas. There are no cliffhangers, but it is easy to tell the next book will be even more tense than usual. Our foursome is on quite the clock now.


Rating:





*This belongs to the following challenges*
BCC's Horror & Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge 2011
Parajunkee's View Vampire Challenge 2011

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe how much you're loving this series Diana! This is one that I still really, really need to check out. Wow. How long is the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving this. The series is heading to its 11th book in September I believe. I am almost caught up. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D