CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Review: Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Series: Meredith Gentry
Number in Series: 3
Format: Audiobook
Time: 14 hrs. and 32 mins.
Narrator: Laural Merlington
Release Date: February 3, 2004
Publisher: Brilliance Audio
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Erotic-Paranormal Romance












Buy here:



Synopsis from Goodreads

I am Meredith Gentry, P.I. and Princess Merry, heir to the throne of Fairie. Now there are those among me who whisper I am more. They fear me even as they protect me. And who can blame them? I’ve awakened the dazzling magic that’s slumbered in them for thousands of years. But the thing is, I can’t figure out why.

My aunt, the Queen of Air and Darkness, is no longer distracted by her usual sadistic hobbies. Her obsession has turned unwaveringly to me. The mission to get me pregnant and beat my cousin Prince Cel to the crown is taking longer than expected. Even though I spend each night with the Queen’s Ravens, my immortal guards, no child has come of our decadent pleasures. But something else is happening. My magic courses through me uncontrollably. And as I lock my half-mortal body with their full-Sidhe blooded ones, the power surges like never before.

It all began with the chalice. I dreamed of it, and it appeared, cool and hard, beside me when I awoke. My guards know the ancient relic well—its disappearance ages ago stripped them of their vital powers. But it is here with us now. My touch resonates with its force, and they’re consumed with it, their Sidhe essences lit up by it. But even as they cherish me for this unexpected gift, there are those who loathe me for it. Me, a mongrel, only half fey and part mortal. The Unseelie court has suffered for so long, and there are some who would not have it weakened further by an impure queen. My enemies grow in number every day. But they do not know what I am capable of. Nor, for that matter, do I....

In Seduced by Moonlight, Laurell K. Hamilton brings the dark, erotic reign of the immortal fey to a startling new depth. Full of sensuality and the consuming anticipation of latent powers unleashed, this world of gods, shapeshifters, and immortal souls is unveiled in all of its supreme magnificence and its treacherous deceits.



     I started this series a while back and haven’t had the time to continue it. Finally started book 3, Seduced by Moonlight, and it was really good. We get to meet more hot fairy men and Merry shows us she truly deserves to be princess.

       Seduced by Moonlight takes place a little after A Caress of Twilight, Merry is with her guards/lovers and is trying to stay out of the paparazzi. She is still trying to get a baby from her men and it hasn’t happened yet. They are still trying to protect themselves because Merry is still being targeted and she wants more allies from the Kurag and his allies. While working to stop a war, Merry finds that she is getting powers that make her guards more powerful through sex. Merry doesn’t know how it is happening and doesn’t know she is becoming so powerful that she ends up with a once lost and powerful Fae relic.

     I really enjoyed this book. Hamilton is so creative when it comes to creating different worlds. Her take on L.A. is so out of the box. I love it. I love that the world, well America, is okay with the Fae out in the open as long as they don’t break the rules. This is what Merry and the Fae are fighting for because America is the last place that will accept the Fae and a lot of them like living on Earth. But that promise is getting slimmer and slimmer.

     Now I did have a couple of issues with this book. The pace was pretty slow for me and the book is quite long. Honestly, half of the book could be cut out and you would still get a good story. I mean, it isn’t a bad thing, just some stuff that didn’t add much to the story. I am not talking about the sex which this book was full of and I really enjoyed. There was a lot more compared to the previous two. But the sex added to the story because the men are getting all their god-like abilities back. Abilities they haven’t had in centuries. Can’t wait to see how they will all work out later on.

    Now the plot really kicked off for me about halfway in the book. We find out the Queen Andais is crazy and has somehow become crazier and more homicidal. We find that someone has put a spell on her that has made her even worse.  Some of the Fae already want Merry dead because they think she is no better than a human, just a half-breed that doesn’t deserve to be on the throne. But it is worse when they try to go after the queen because it could be her very own son, Cel (who is imprisoned), that might have sent someone to poison his mother. I won’t spoil it, but the finale showdown was surprising and epic. 

     I am trying my best not to give anything away, but this was pretty good. So far, the second one is a favorite for me. But I love this series. Merry and her men are fantastic together. In this book, we get more Dole who is my favorite of all of her men. Seduced by Moonlight had a bit of extras, but it wasn’t boring by any means. Just the action kicks up when we finally meet up with crazy Aunt Andais who has got to be the most disturbing female character in history.  No joke, you would have better luck with the Devil than Queen Andais.


Rating:




*This book belongs to the following challenge*
BCC's Horror & Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge 2011

4 comments:

  1. ooohhh... i'll sure check this out after i'm done with mercy thompson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that one is on the list. Waiting for it from the library. 3rd in line :( But this is a great series, if you don't mind a little naughtiness LOL! Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...a woman with many lovers must equal a very sex filled book. It's sad that half the book could have been left out and it wouldn't have taken away from the story. I'm glad to see that you still enjoyed it at a 4 star when you felt it moved so slowly...just shows that the overall story is a very fun an entertaining one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deanna - It was pretty good. Just had extras. There was quite a bit of sex and it was all great. Still this was worth reading. It may not be for everyone, but I loved it. Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D