CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book Review: Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings #2) by Nalini Singh

Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changelings
Number in Series: 2
Format: Paperback
Pages: 332
Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Release Date: March 6, 2007
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Science Fiction/Erotic-Paranormal Romance













Buy here:



Synopsis from Goodreads

Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future-a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind... Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her. Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn...



     Nalini Singh, for those of you that don’t know, has quickly become a powerhouse in the paranormal romance world. That is because this series is irresistible. I started Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changelings #1) last year. I could not put it down. If I was doing a chore or something, I found myself pausing just to pick up the book to read a few more lines or something. And with the second installment, Visions of Heat, it was no different. 

     Visions of Heat is about a jaguar changeling named Lucas. We meet him in the first book and he was a bit different from all the changelings given that he is a jaguar and the others are leopards. Sort standoffish, silent but deadly. But when a Psy named Faith sneaks off from her home aka prison to get help from the only Psy to escape the net, Lucas is both in awe and suspicious of her. He doesn’t trust the Psy, it has taken him a while to warm up to the only other Psy in their ranks, Sascha (Lucas’ mate). So he thinks that she may be a spy for the Psy.

     Faith is one of the few F-Psy in the Net. She is able to see the future (the F is for Foresight). She has been conditioned to use her abilities to profit for the Psy. She isn’t an everyday employee; her ability has made her and her fellow Psy billionaires. But what turns into a usual job becomes very dangerous for Faith when she has a vision of someone dying. That someone is her own sister. Battling with the fact that she is Psy and she shouldn’t have feelings towards what happened to her sister. Faith figures out a way to leave the premises to talk to Sascha since she lives with the Changelings and she might be able to help her. Faith soon learns that the people she has known all of her life have been lying to her about everything.

     Man, Singh is incredible. I have said it before, when it comes to great alpha males; Singh comes up with the best of them. I love Vaughn. He was put a naughty little grin on my face. Good Lord, just hot as hell. I love how much we learn about him and why he is the way he is. He may come off cruel, but there is a reason he has trust issues. His story nearly brought me to tears. So sad. I liked Faith. She was so unsure of herself and actually being outside with other people and scared of what would happen if she was touched. I felt really sorry for her because of the lies she was given. It was because of that she witnessed her own sister dying. She was incredibly brave taking on creatures that she was told will kill her and just being in the outside world when she was also told it would kill her.  Really loved Faith and I loved Vaughn for never underestimating her and treating her like the machine she was raised to be.

      I love all the characters which all make an appearance from the last one in this. But this book was essentially about Faith and Vaughn. The tension between Faith and Vaughn is so fantastic. I love seeing how incredibly flirtatious Vaughn is towards Faith. I couldn’t believe she resisted his charms for as long as she did. It took a few pages for me and I was at his mercy. Like I said, I loved Vaughn!

     I love the plot and where it took us. Vaughn kind of scared me near the end. Anyone messes with Faith, they were sure to lose a head.  I don’t want to give much away, but we find out that Faith’s ability is keener than we thought. The connection is just creepy. But I won’t spoil anything. Although I must say, the way it ended wasn’t my absolute favorite. But I think it was done the way it was to make room for book 3 and the next Psy they will follow who is actually a man this time. Also because the Psy would have lots to lose if they go crazy with trying to capture Faith, which they learned the hard way. Still it didn’t ruin the rest of the book; I just wanted something a little bigger is all.

     I highly recommend this series if you are looking for a great paranormal romance. It is a wonderful and creative sci-fi world Singh has created. I can’t say it enough, if you haven’t started reading Nalini Singh’s work, you are missing out on genius. Action packed, sexy, and completely hard to resist; all things that make Visions of Heat so amazing.


Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenge*
BCC's Horror & Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge 2011

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been eyeing up this series for awhile now1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hon. This series is great. Singh is such a great writer and you will love Vaughn. Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another series I highly plan on starting! I actually thought I bought book 1 at the used bookstore last week and ended up finding out it's book 6, so I'm still going to have to get book 1 but it's just going to have to wait until a later date. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deanna - Hey at least you got one LOL! Hope you start this soon hon. I love the Psy-Changelings series. It is amazing! Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D