CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, July 29, 2011

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)




Synopsis from IMDB

The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again. 
 


    The finale to beat all finales. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 ends it all with a punch.  It has taken me a while to get write this, but what can I say. I am still on a high because of this movie.  Harry Potter fans are sure to be satisfied and leaving with a big smile on their faces. 

    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the actual end of it all. Ron, Hermione and Harry are altogether and still suffering from the death of their fallen comrade. So they are now trying to complete the task of destroying all the horcruxes. Unfortunately, the battle ends up back at Hogwarts and puts more of Harry’s friends and extended family in jeopardy. Along with that, we discover some secrets Dumbledore has kept from Harry and what Harry is.

     Wow, how can I possibly write about how great this was? Everything I wanted the last battle to be was right here. We got so many epic battles and secrets. It was hard to believe this movie was 2 hours and 10 minutes long because it didn’t feel that way. It didn’t feel as long as I wanted it to be. Not a complaint, but still. It just didn’t feel like two hours. Maybe it is just me. I didn’t want it to end. 

     At first I wasn’t completely sure about splitting this in two, I see why it was. This was too much for just one movie. It was done really well. Considering how the special effects work in all the films, I think they saved the best for last. It might be just me, but the effects in this movie were tip top. One of my favorite scenes was the explosion of water that Ron and Hermione were responsible for. 

     All of our great characters were amazing as usual. Professor Snape surprised me the most. As I said before, I have not read the books yet, so everything that happened was a shock. Lord Voldemort was a shock too. This was the first time I seen him unsure of himself. His vulnerability was so awkward to witness. I mean he is one cocky bastard, let’s face it. But that was just an interesting change. The relationships in the movie were palatable, but I am still not 100% sure about Harry and Ginny. Like my issue with the last two films, it was just so out of the blue. But they are cute together. Not as cute as Ron and Hermione are together, but cute nonetheless. And, of course, let’s give it up for Neville. That was a great surprise. The only thing I didn’t like was that some of the characters we have grown to love take the plunge. Talking about not having your cake and eating it too.

     Not much can be said about the plot. It is just a continuation of part 1. This was the end. All we have been participating is coming to a close. Seeing Voldemort scared and having his ass handed to him made me sooooo happy. But everything progressed so well. Having all our questions answered was the most satisfying thing.

     This movie managed to put through so many emotions, it was ridiculous. By the time it was done, I was exhilarated. This is how blockbuster films should be done. Well written, great and lovable characters, a plot that makes sense and doesn’t bore and special effects that don’t take away from the movie. You see this Michael Bay, it can be done. Who knew? Obviously not you. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is a can’t miss film. I don’t care what your preference is, this movie has everything. Great way to go out.


Rating:


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I just kind of skimmed over the review. I haven't seen it yet and REALLY look forward to seeing it. :) I'm hoping to get there this coming weekend, we shall see what comes up. :) Sooooo glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you also enjoyed Part II. I just reviewed this one today on my blog. I can't wait to see what you think of the books when you get around to reading them, they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Deanna - I am heading over there now. But I know how great the books are. Man I can't wait to start them. Will be fun comparing and contrasting :) Thank you for the comment hon.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D