CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange #3) by Lesley Livingston

Author: Lesley Livingston
Series: Wondrous Strange
Number in Series: 3  
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 368
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: December 21, 2010
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Young Adult/Paranormal Romance/Supernatural










Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

"I don't love Sonny Flannery." 
That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.

But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley.

The intrigue and romance that began with Wondrous strange and Darklight come to a stormy head in Tempestuous, the breathtaking conclusion to Lesley Livingston's ravishing urban Faerie trilogy.




            Tempestuous is the final book in the Wondrous Strange trilogy. And boy did Livingston leave this series with a punch. After the devastation of losing the theatre because Sonny lost it when he thought she was dead, Kelley is distraught over what she had to do; break Sonny’s heart. Kelley is slowly growing into her power and trying to find out who wants Sonny’s. But things go downhill when someone is out killing the Lost Fae, Fae who fit in either the Otherworld or the mortal world. And worse, it could be Janus Guards who are getting the order and killing the innocent Fae. Not to mention the order could be coming from whoever poisoned and is trying to kill Kelley’s father, Auberon.

                I enjoyed this book a lot. I loved that Livingston actually separated Kelley and Sonny for a bit. That way, they learned more about themselves before they could save one another. Kelley gets into her power more and seems to have grown more. And despite her beliefs, Sonny doesn’t go off the deep end. I liked that Sonny grew to like the Lost Fae. He was taught to hate them as well, but found out they were only defending themselves against him and the other guards. But besides our great main characters, the side characters were incredible. We got some new ones that we find have a connection to some of the Janus Guards. We also get more of our favorites; Bob, Tyff, and my favorite character, Fennyrs. I am praying that Livingston makes another series for him. He played a big role in this book and we find he isn’t the heartless smartass we have come to love, that he actually has feelings for Kelley too.
               
Livingston did such an amazing job incorporating Shakespeare in this book. All the questions we had from the first book were answered and still left me wanting more. The plot was great and this book was complete, but each character needs a story. Like I said, I hope Livingston doesn’t leave this world, there is still so much more to know. Sonny’s and Kelley’s story ended great, but what Livingston has created is complex enough to keep going for a while.

Also need to mention the ending in general. In a word; EPIC! We got everything we wanted and more. The twists and turns were incredible and two specifically had my mouth dropping to the floor. Again, Livingston’s writing is soooo complex. Instead of creating our main characters and a few side characters that you might not remember, the whole world she has made is so rich and memorable. You fall in love with all these characters and I can assure you that if you love Fenn, you will love him even more in the end.

Overall, this book tied up well. Everyone has grown in such a short period of time. We learn much about our great characters and we find new ones that are worth loving. This is such a great ending to a great trilogy. I can’t rave enough about the characters and the room for growth they all possess. If you are looking for a great YA series, I highly recommend this to you. Thank you Livingston and please come back to this world, it begs for more.
 

Rating: 
      



*This book belongs to the following challenge*

2 comments:

  1. Diana, I'm so happy you enjoyed this book so much! It sounds like a great series and I love the cover...I might have to check it out. I like series that are long but every once in a while a trilogy is refreshing. The book sounds great. I can't remember if I read any of your other reviews for the first two books but I'm going to add book 1 to my TBR list right now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed this. I do love this series. I hope you do check these out. Unlike the Fallen series, the covers are just as beautiful as the content inside LOL! You saw the one for the second book, but book 1 I reviewed before we discovered each other LOL! But please check this out, I think you will like them. Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D