CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Movie News: Laini Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" will be a movie!

I pray this is the movie poster, it is gorgeous!


Source from Spill

'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' is the first book in a planned trilogy and tells the story of a young art student sent on bizarre missions around the world by her father to collect human teeth. It turns out that she is an important component of an ancient conflict between devils and angels and ends up engaging in a forbidden romance with a warrior angel. No word yet on when casting and/or shooting may begin.


   The YA novel Daughter of Smoke & Bone is going to be made into a film (book placed on hold at the library as we speak). And, of course, once people see the phrase "Young Adult book turned novel", people instantly go into Twilight mode (you see, it has ruined everything). So people are already bashing the idea of this which makes me laugh because they aren't booklovers. Why not actually read the book before you throw it out the window? I know Twilight has scarred a lot of us, but please people, give it a chance. Most of the films we see have been made from books, so I find the criticism unfair coming from people who don't read. But I do understand the fear, I just hope Universal Studios are smart enough to not make this a Twilight-esque. At least the lead heroine doesn't suffer from Bella Swan syndrome, so it at least has that going for it. Overall, I am excited. I have heard amazing things about this and read reviews for it. Sounds like a winner to me. Definitely keeping my eyes on this one.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I am so excited! I LOVED this book one of the best books of the year. I loved reviewing it! I can't wait for you to read it! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heidi - I know I saw the review, but I didn't get the chance to comment. I will tomorrow. But I have heard some amazing things about this. I can't wait to read it. Thanks so much for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this book yet. I'm sure Universal Studios will do it justice. Thanks for posting Diana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sacredmoon - I haven't either, but everyone keeps talking about it. I hope it is worth the hype. I have faith in Universal, but I will be reading the book first before the movie for sure. Thanks so much for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D