CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, December 16, 2011

Trailer Evaluation: Battleship (2012)


For more info, visit IMDB

   That is right, they made a movie out of the classic board game, Battleship, and added robots. ROBOTS! But forgive me if I am the crazy one, but I really thought I was watching a trailer for Transformers 4. Now although Michael Bay isn't the director (thank you God!), it still doesn't excuse the fact this movie looks and sounds exactly like Transformers. I understand this is from the same company that created Transformers, but it really looks no different except they are on the ocean and not on land. Peter Berg is the director for this film, he directed Hancock (liked it but could have been better) and I just want to know what he was thinking.  And Berg, if you make a movie, don't you want it to be your own? Originality completely thrown out the window here (I guess that could be said for Holloywood as a whole). 

   But as much as I dislike the striking similarities between this and Transformers, this film has Liam Neeson and that man is just magic. Also Alexander Skarsgard and Rihanna. Yes, the Rihanna. I am definitely curious about well she can act. So we will see, but as you can tell, I am skeptical all over. Just do us a favor and actually have a plot, that is really the best I can ask for.

6 comments:

  1. With Liam Neeson, Alexander Skarsgard and Rihanna it is most certainly a must see movie. Thanks for posting Diana. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very much a Transformers look. I remain skeptical as well. Thansk for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still on the fence about this one, but I might give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. B1.

    HIT!

    I love the game but I'm not sure about the story. It's like pearl harbor meets transofrmers or another alien movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SacredmOOn - Oh I hope you are right hon. Still can't help but be scared.

    @Jessica - You are very welcome hon and I know you would be skeptical as well LOL!

    @Nick - Hope we both won't regret it LOL!

    @Braine - LMAO! Love it! Actually Michael Bay did both Transformers and Pearl Harbor. Oh my goodness, that makes me even more scared, you are right! LOL!

    Thank you all for the awesome comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D