CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Book Review: Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio


Author: Stephen Prosapio
Format: ePub
Pages: 345
Publisher: Otherworld Publications
Release Date: May 10, 2011
Genre: Horror/Mystery/Paranormal















 Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Zach Kalusky, host of Sci-D TV's Xavier Paranormal Investigators, is ecstatic when he's given the opportunity to explore the most haunted site in Chicago for a Halloween Special: Rosewood Asylum, a place long made off-limits by the local government, plagued by decades of mysterious fires and unexplained events. It's Zach's dream investigation- but there's a catch: the network forces Xavier Paranormal Investigators to partner with the more dramatic-but less ethical-Demon Hunters. Now, Zach must fight for both his show's integrity and his team's loyalty while trying to protect his own secret: that he, himself, is possessed.


 
     Thanks to my good friend Heidi (@RainyDayRamblings), she has introduced me to the Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum Tour which in turn made me get the book. I love a great ghost story, so I had to jump on this. The synopsis sounded so good, I had to check this out immediately.  I am so glad I did and I can assure you will too.

     Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum is about a group of ghost hunters that work for Sci-D TV. The group, Xavier Paranormal Investigators, is a very popular show on the network. The founder and lead, Zach, has dreamed of investigating the old psychiatric hospital, Rosewood Asylum. The hospital has many stories and mysteries connected with it. Zach has been given the chance to uncover those secrets. Unfortunately, given how big the project is, he is forced to work alongside a rival ghost hunters show, Demon Hunters, a team known for sometimes doctoring their “paranormal” discoveries. Not only does Zach have to put up with an extra team that he doesn’t really trust, but he is fighting against time to get all the information he needs from the asylum. And the further they get into the investigation, the more secrets get revealed and Zach hopes it won’t be any of his.

    I loooooved this story. It is so complex and intriguing. Prosapio really gives you all sides of the story. There I so much mystery, but we are never really left in the dark. You will really be along for the ride. I love the plot to this. We have a rival ghost hunting team at a very scary asylum that hasn’t been in operation for years, has mysterious fires and a couple of ghosts who may or may not be friendly. Then we have the intrigue of certain characters because we aren’t sure we can trust them or not. There is this lady who seemingly comes out of nowhere wanting to talk to Zach off the record. She knows something about the asylum because her mother used to work there, but there is something very fishy about her. Then we have the mystery of Amelia and Boy (their story is at the very beginning) and many more.  I love this fresh look on the paranormal world. Being behind the scenes and getting a feel for reality television was definitely fun and exciting to read.

   Now for a horror story, the atmosphere in this book is light at times. All the characters bring such interesting personalities; it makes the book more complex. Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum will have you laughing at one moment and being completely freaked out the next. The dialogue between some of the characters is so refreshing and will bring a smile to your face.  I love the friendships between Zach and Hunter or Zach and Ray, they were a fun bunch to follow. There is even some romance in this which I was happy about because I was begging for it.

    I honestly can’t think of anything bad to say about this. I must be careful, of course, with this. There are a lot of mysteries and each of them brings a whole new level to the book. The story flows so well and you never feel confused. This is just so well written. It is full of history, personality, horror, laughs, romance, twists and originality. I urge you all to check this out. I was so lucky to have this pretty much drop in my lap. I promise you will not be sorry. I am definitely going to keep my eyes on this author.


Rating: 




*This book belongs to the following challenges*

5 comments:

  1. ahh gee thanks for the shout out.
    it was a fun read wasn't it. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I agree I loved the commraderie between Ray and Zach and I really liked Hunter. I also was captivated by Evelyn. I certainly will be reading the sequel. I am glad it didn't scare the pants off me! Lovely review Di!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for doing a review and taking up a tour spot.
    you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic review Diana! This one sounds like a great book. It's got the paranormal, the drama, the mystery and the horror all packed into one package! Love it. Definitely going on my TBR list, I'm so happy you enjoyed it so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Great review. I've never heard of this, but sounds really neat with the ghost hunters from tv. ;D Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard so many good things about this book, but I just finished it up today and I didn't really like it. While the writing was decent there were too many characters and not enough ghosts....among other things.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D