CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Read Along Tuesdays Discussion #1: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) by Chloe Neill


Blurb courtesy of Supernatural Snark

Welcome to week one of the Some Girls Bite Read-Along! For those of you who don't know, the wonderful ladies behind Tina's Book Reviews, Books in the Spotlight, The Unread Reader and myself are hosting a read-along of book one of Chloe Neill's outstanding Chicagoland Vampires urban fantasy series. Each week we'll pose and answer five questions about the book and then hop around to the other blogs who have signed up to check out everyone's answers! For all the details about the event and our grand prize giveaway, be sure and check out the introductory post HERE.

I'm the lucky host this week, so if you're participating, please be sure to link up your discussion post for the first 4 chapters in the linky below and don't forget to check out Tina's blog for next week's questions for chapters 5-8.

January 3rd - Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th - Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina's Book Reviews)
January 17th - Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th - Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st - Special guest post by Chloe Neill and our grand prize giveaway!

*********************************************

 Chapters 1-4 Discussion:

1) Let’s say tomorrow a “vampire manifesto” as Merit calls it runs in newspapers across the country announcing their existence. How do you think you would react? If you were hesitant to believe initially, what would it take to convince you they were real?

How would I react? Maybe a little shocked, but then I would get over it and become very curious. I would want to know how it all started, how they were able to keep it a secret for so long. I think given how popular vampires are now, I think they would be more accepted to be honest. I know I wouldn't be that hesitant.Then again, when faced with the reality of something people tend to freak out and that would be more scary to me than vampires making a real life appearance. People act stupid when they are scared. The real question is though; Would I try to create a PNR of my own? I think we know the answer to that.


2) Since being turned into a vampire means complete removal from your former life and a new job serving your House in some capacity, what do you think you would miss most about the life you live now?

Well I hope I would be like Merit, she still gets to be around her family. And as crazy as my family (including dog) drives me, I know I would miss them. I would miss them the most. But honestly, I would love a change. With the exception of my family, I would love a new life. 


3) What are your first impressions of Merit and how she’s handling all the changes in her life?

I really love Merit. She sort of reminds me of myself (sorry, that sounded conceded). But she is a wise-ass. She always has a response to everything, even when she knows she shouldn't say something. But I also love that given what happened to her, she holds her chin up high. She was mad a little bit, but she toughed it out and didn't dwell on it. Breakdown for a second and then brush it off and do what you have to do. Really made me love and respect her. 


4) When you first read the description of Ethan, what actor/model/person you know pops into your head as the perfect embodiment of him? Feel free to include pictures ;-)

Well once I saw Supernatural Snark choose Gabriel Aubry, I couldn't get the image out of my head. Aubry describes Ethan perfectly. Not to mention the book mentioning David Beckham, my brain bounced between the two. There are both sexy and just have a look about them that makes you want to stare. Also, they both look incredible in suits and that is basically Ethan's thing.


Tough choice, but I am a sucker for tattoos
5) Do you think Merit’s anger at Ethan himself, not the situation, is justified?

I think she is more angry at the fact that she is attracted to him. He made her who she is now and she feels like she should hate him for turning her life completely upside down. But she doesn't feel that way. She wants him. I don't think it is justified because as Ethan points out, he did save her life. She isn't that angry about the situation either. She just doesn't like rules and I think that has a lot to do with her God-awful father. Given how he is, I don't blame her for acting the way she does. She has been independent for so long since parenting was completely nonexistent in her house growing up. Now she is to be put under the wing of a master vampire who has turned her and she has known for only a couple of days? I really don't blame her at all. I would react the same way to be honest.


*********************************************

Please be sure to visit Tina's Book Reviews next week for Chapters 5-8. I f you want to join the read along for this amazing book visit Supernatural Snark to sign up now. Hope to see you guys back here next week.

8 comments:

  1. I like your first picture the best. I am glad you like Merit. I like that she is willing to do a little kick boxing stupid or not. I would be so ticked if I had to all of a sudden give up on all my goals and follow a huge rule book but is it worse than death...remains to be seen. I am intrigued by Jeff the nerdy guy can't help it I like the brains and I thought it was funny the way he was oogling Merit. Love Grandpa want to hug him. Mallory is a pretty kick ass best friend too, So far lots of interesting characters and a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heidi - I am with you, I like the first picture more. But like I said, I just had to post one with the tattoos LOL! I love that she picks a fight with the first guy she meets and it happens to be her Maker LOL! I love that she has a backbone and won't lay down for anyone because it is something she "must" do.

    Oh, I am glad you brought him up. I am intrigued by him and Catcher especially since Catcher and Ethan seem to be friends. I can't wait to see what will come of this. She is surrounded by some very interesting men LOL! I also love the Grandpa. It is hard to believe him and Merit's dad are father and son, I just don't see it LOL! Love Mallory, her and Merit have a great friendship. I love that she accepted Merit and wasn't instantly freaked out by her being a vampire. Great story and definitely great characters.

    Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Look at that picture of Becks! Either he or Gabriel Aubry definitely work as Ethan for me:) I'm so glad you love Merit too! I so love a girl that hast trouble keeping her mouth shut and winds up in some trouble because of it. Happens to me far too often ;-) Thanks for participating this week Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn those pics are hot!

    Cool twist on an otherwise boring book discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear Diana always has the hottest pic's. LOL Great answers hon. DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I want to read this one. Just couldn't get it in to read along. But one day I think I might get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good point. I have to agree. She is probably angry that she is attracted to him.

    P.S. I'm a sucker for tattoo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jenny - LMAO! Happens to me too. Even my mom calls me a wise-ass LOL! But I am loving Merit and Ethan. I am also very curious about Jeff and Catcher. They sound pretty hot too LOL! So happy you love the pics hon :)

    @Braine - You are welcome hon. I had fun with this. Why didn't it work for you?

    @Sacredmoon - Thanks hon, I am always here to give you ladies the besdt LOL! Glad you liked the answers hon :)

    @Melissa - Hope you do get it. I was surprised at the price of it though. Since there are more out, I didn;t expect it to cost as much as a new book. Still, it is worth it.

    @Missie - That is the only way I see it, I can't blame her but still. How can you not love the tattoos? LOL!

    Thank you so much for the awesome comments ladies :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D