Blurb courtesy of Supernatural Snark
Welcome to week one of the Some Girls Bite Read-Along! For those of you who don't know, the wonderful ladies behind Tina's Book Reviews, Books in the Spotlight, The Unread Reader and myself are hosting a read-along of book one of Chloe Neill's outstanding Chicagoland Vampires urban fantasy series. Each week we'll pose and answer five questions about the book and then hop around to the other blogs who have signed up to check out everyone's answers! For all the details about the event and our grand prize giveaway, be sure and check out the introductory post HERE.*********************************************
I'm the lucky host this week, so if you're participating, please be sure to link up your discussion post for the first 4 chapters in the linky below and don't forget to check out Tina's blog for next week's questions for chapters 5-8.
January 3rd - Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th - Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina's Book Reviews)
January 17th - Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th - Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st - Special guest post by Chloe Neill and our grand prize giveaway!
Chapters 5-8 Discussion:
1) In what is a make you blush, steamy scene in the book- Chapter 5 has Ethan and Merit sharing a few hot moments after Merit's hunger strikes...that is until Ethan becomes a total cad! What do you think of him so far? Strong, masterful vampire, conceited playboy.....lover boy in disguise?
I loved that scene between Ethan and Merit. He just had to be a douche afterward. I think he is a lover boy in disguise. He has moments where I want to punch him, but I think it makes him more interesting. If that makes sense. I must admit the scenes between Merit and Morgan were amazing. I am falling for him too. There was so much chemistry between them and the dialogue between made me smile. I honestly will be happy with either choice.
2. Merit and Mallory begin some major training in these next few chapters, resulting in cool Katana Sword facts and Ninja moves. What is the most physically challenging or adrenaline fueled event/activity you have participated in?
We use to have playground contest in elementary school. I was very competitive even though we were playing for silly little toys. Also in high school, our gym teacher had a thing if you can run a mile without stopping, you can skip dressup when you wanted. I did it twice, couldn't believe my legs and lungs held out that long Then again I hated gym, so I was looking for any excuse.
3. Mallory and Catcher have sparks so intense they almost fly off the page.....what do you think of this cozy couple? Did you like the insta-love between them? Do they add to the story?
I think it adds a lot to the story. I was hoping we get some love story between them. Catcher is amazing and hot as hell. I love the way how him and Mallory are always arguing. Their relationship is exactly what I expected from Merit and Ethan. Well, I mean it could be that way. Still, I like it. I want more from them as well.
4. Lets talk Bff's....Mallory is hands down a terrific friend to Merit, the girls relationship is real, down to earth and fun....not to mention hysterical. What is your favorite memory or favorite thing to do with your bff? Feel free to share pics!
I remember me and my friend Ashley going to Adventure Landing years ago. Only kids who were on honor roll got to go. We had such a blast, specifically during go cart. We weren't suppose to hit each other, but we still did any way. And don't get me started on laser tag. Oh I killed at that. I wish I had pictures, but I was in middle school and digital cameras weren't out quite yet.
5. Things are starting to heat up in the mystery department...the set up at Red, Morgan's flirty appearance.... Catchers vague answers......as correlation day gets closer for Merit do you think someone is out to get her...or maybe recruit her to another house? Or PS- feed her some more food...because goodnight this girl likes to eat!!!
I think someone is targeting girls like her. All the girls that have died all are tall, dark hair and blue eyes. But as I said, I really love Morgan. And yes, I do find it a little suspicious, but this is wishful thinking here. Don't ruin it for me. Catcher knows a lot and I don't know why he holds back information. But I have a feeling it is a test for her. Maybe something between him and Ethan to test out. I don't know about the recruiting though. After what happened at the club, they didn't seem like they wanted to be anywhere near Merit and her friends. She is always eating. Loved that epic sandwich her and Morgan made, that was good moment. But yes, the mystery is definitely building and I can't wait to see what is next. I have been thinking about it all day. I need to find out now.
Please make sure you visit Books in the Spotlight next week for Discussion #3. We will cover chapters 9-12. If you still haven't joined this awesome read along visit Supernatural Snark to sign up now. Hope you guys enjoyed this, see you next week.