CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Read Along Tuesdays Discussion #3: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) by Chloe Neill


Blurb courtesy of Books in the Spotlight
Welcome to week one of the Some Girls Bite Read-Along! For those of you who don't know, the wonderful ladies behind Tina's Book Reviews, Books in the Spotlight, The Unread Reader and myself are hosting a read-along of book one of Chloe Neill's outstanding Chicagoland Vampires urban fantasy series. Each week we'll pose and answer five questions about the book and then hop around to the other blogs who have signed up to check out everyone's answers! For all the details about the event and our grand prize giveaway, be sure and check out the introductory post HERE.

Missie from The Unread Reader will be discussing the last section of the book so be sure to check her blog to find out next week's discussion questions. I am hosting next week and will be covering Chapters 9-12. Linky posted HERE


January 3rd - Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th - Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina's Book Reviews)
January 17th - Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th - Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st - Special guest post by Chloe Neill and our grand prize giveaway!
 *********************************************

Chapters 9-12 Discussion:


1. Catcher and Ethan share some personality traits. What makes Mallory, Merit, and even us readers attracted to these guys? Would you date/mate with someone like these guys in real life?

I won't lie, I have a tendency to argue just for the fun of it. I would need someone to keep up with me, I think they both would be a good fit. Also they are both sexy, mysterious, and complex. I like that they are strong, but there is a certain vulnerability to them. They are confident, but they don't necessarily act like they are better than the women they want. So if I had chance, oh absolutely.


2. In Chapter 9 we learn of another murder. Do you see any patterns with the previous murder and Merit's attack? Do you have any guesses as to who is responsible and the motive behind the murders?

As I said before, I found it odd that they all looked like Merit; brunette, tall and with blue eyes. She was also 27 years old, just as Merit was. But what is more, after every murder scene, there was some "evidence" to point to all the houses being guilty. In this recent one, this time it pointed blame to the Grey House. It definitely seems like someone is putting blame on all the houses, not just one.


3. The commendation is my favorite moment in the book and a significant event in Merit's life. She has finally come to terms that she is a Cadogan vampire. Were you surprised at all that Merit resisted Ethan's call and that he made her a Sentinel? Do you think she'll do well in this position? Why or why not?

This was one of my favorite scenes in this book as well. I knew Merit would find a way to make the commendation different and I knew her power would play a role for sure. But that was definitely a surprise and I was happy because I think this is the best way for her to prove herself to Ethan and to the rest of the house. I think she will prove herself and she will be great Sentinel.


4. Loyalty is a reoccurring theme throughout the book and much of this series. Why is it so important to Ethan that he needs Merit's allegiance? Is it solely a Master and Sentinel thing or does it imply something else?

I think it is more than a Master and Sentinel thing. Ethan isn't the only one that has discovered Merit's powers and he knows that others will be gunning for her. Also I think Ethan needs to know whether she cares for the house because it is important to him and all the vampires. I think he needs to know she is willing to protect him and her fellow vampires.


5. If you had the opportunity to sit down with Ethan, Merit, Mallory, and Catcher for a bite to eat like in the beginning of Chapter 12, what questions would you ask them at this point of the story? 

I loved Chapter 12, but if I could get away with it and not get my head chopped off, this is what I would say:

Ethan - If you want to woo a girl, do you think banging the easy redhead is the best way to go about it? (I love you, but come on man!)

Merit - Can you make me one of those epic sandwiches? If so, do I have your permission to shove it down Ethan gullet for you? You know what, scratch that, I will shove it down both of your throats, you guys and your stubbornness is driving me crazy!

Mallory - Can you share your awesome-best-friendiness advice with me? (I know it isn't a word, but you get what I am saying)

Catcher - Do you have a twin or since you are a sorcerer, can you clone yourself?

*********************************************

We are almost near the end guys. I have finished the book a week ago and I can't wait for the next set of questions. It will be a very interesting set of questions. Make sure to stop by The Unread Reader on the 24th for Chapters 13-Epilogue. Can't wait for to read everyone's reactions.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, there we go! We can just get Catcher to clone himself and then we can all have a Catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Candace - That would the greatest thing ever LOL! Thanks for the comment hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ethan - If you want to woo a girl, do you think banging the easy redhead is the best way to go about it? (I love you, but come on man!)"

    YES!!! Good question! Not sure what he was thinking, he had to know Merit was going to walk in. I think he's was in some sort of strange state of male delusion where sleeping with someone else would inexplicably make him seem more desirable. Like in the nature shows. Sleeping around = lots of opportunities to procreate = apparent win. He seems to have left out all human emotion in his thought process. Sexy a-hole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun questions at the end. Yeah that whole thing about Ethan being inside. Eww gross and why didn't Merit high tail it out of there. A catcher clone! Hadn't thought lf that one. Yes Mallory is an awesome best friend, I wish I had her around to buy me clothes. I can't believe you finshed it! I should but I am making headway on the towering TBR. I have a great guest post on Thursday. You have to stop by! Laters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny - I was saying the same thing. I was so angry with him. I mean, I know technically there aren't together, but a blind person can see there is something between them. I just hate that he tosses that aside. It is definitely a man thing LOL!

    @Heidi - I knew that is what she meant, but I don't blame Merit for not getting it. She likes the guy, I wouldn't want to believe he would stoop that low. I would love to clone Catcher, I would add Ethan in that mix, but I would need to knock some sense into him first LOL! Got to love Mallory, she is there to speak sense to Merit, even when she won't hear it LOL! I can't wait to see your guest post, I have one as well on Sunday. Will be a blast to read. I can't wait to read yours.

    Thank you both for your comments :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D