CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Read Along Tuesdays Discussion #4: Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) by Chloe Neill

Introductory post at Supernatural Snark HERE


Blurb courtesy of The Unread Reader

Welcome to week four of the Some Girls Bite Read-Along! For those of you who don't know, the wonderful ladies behind Tina's Book ReviewsBooks in the SpotlightThe Unread Reader andSupernatural Snark are hosting a read-along of book one of Chloe Neill's outstanding Chicagoland Vampires urban fantasy series. Each week we'll pose and answer five questions about the book and then hop around to the other blogs who have signed up to check out everyone's answers! For all the details about the event and the grand prize giveaway, be sure and check out the introductory post HERE.

January 3rd - Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th - Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina's Book Reviews)
January 17th - Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th - Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st - Special guest post by Chloe Neill and the grand prize giveaway!

*********************************************

Chapters 13-15 + Epilogue Discussion:



        1. Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you'd like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?

Wow, that is a good question. If I have any job, it has to be something I am in charge of where I can help people. So I would go with social director. I am good at organizing everyone else’s life accept my own, so why not? LOL! Seriously, I would be great at it. I would choose to be a guard, but if someone pisses me off, I can’t promise I will be cordial about it.


         2. In the supernatural world of Chicagoland Vampires, politics seem to play an important role in the way the Houses are run. Now that you've been introduced to the Rogues, do you think it's better for vampires to be a part of a House or to live outside of one?

I am going to be diplomatic; I see things from both sides. Given how things went down between the Houses and the Rogues, you can see how easily they do get left out of everything. I understood where they were coming from. If you aren’t in the House, you aren’t in the know. But then I see how the Houses feel. I wouldn’t have thought the Rogues would have cared on a usual day. But since this was about a murder investigation, I think the Houses should have included the Rogues in the discussion. I would rather be a part of a House, but I would make sure to let higher ups know about the Rogues.


         3. After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?

This part was difficult for me. I do like Morgan and since Ethan is being an ass, why should Merit wait for him? We know Ethan feels something for her and instead of showing some emotion towards her and just kick the crap out of Morgan, he sells her off. I think her reaction was warranted, but again, they are both incredibly stubborn. So even if he did stick up for her, I still think she would have been pissed because it would give everyone a different impression.


        4. When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspensions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator's motive?

I was surprised, I knew it had to be someone in one of the Houses, but I didn’t expect someone so high up. I really thought it was someone low on the totem pole, someone who wanted to take the leaders down so they can run things the way they want. The helper was a bit of a surprise as well. The motive made sense, but delusion. To be the ruler of all vampires just because you think you are the best is crap. And I thought Ethan had his head way too far up his ass.


         5. What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?

Oooooh, lot of favorites. Let’s see:

- I loved sandwich making scene. It sounded like a great sandwich and I love the chemistry between Merit and Morgan
- I also loved when Morgan and Merit first met each other before the “incident”. Again, the chemistry.
- I loved when Ethan and Merit first met. Those are usually my favorite moments in a book, when there is that bam moment when our two main characters first meet.
- All of the Jeff moments. He was so adorable.
- All of Catcher’s moments *panting*
- And many more

Least favorite:
      -  I loved this book all round, but I do wish the person        responsible was punished better. I actually thought the ending would be a little bigger. I liked it, but maybe it is just me, I wanted some blood dammit!                                    
  
  6. What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?

I think her test is yet to come. Things will only be more difficult, but I think she will be a leader soon. She will be unconventional, for sure, but that will make me love her even more. I will definitely continue reading this series; I am very much in love with it. I hope to see Ethan open his eyes and for Merit to grow more as a vampire. I would like to see her get more comfortable with her new life.

*********************************************

 This is the last discussion people. Next week there will be a special guest post by the amazing author herself, Chloe Neill! Along with her post, there will be a giveaway. So make sure to drop by all the hosting blogs to see if you have been chosen. All who have participated get a chance to win, for more check out the introductory post below the image.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha Ethan had his head too far up his ass agreed. Any he has he junk inside that traitor harlot eww....
    A social director you would have lots of fun doing that just don't plan on hosting a bunch of parties in my garden.
    I loved that sandwich eating scene too! Thank god these vamps eat!
    Agreed any scene with Jeff. I was jealous of those nymphs!
    More Jeff more Catcher!
    Yeah the ending kind of just crept up and was in your face. Yeah that chick totally needed a far worse punishment and what about Amber does she ger hers?
    I just need to find time to continue with this series! I hope you are going to do Hounded with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking Ethan! You are too hot to act this way LOL! So true, I wonder how he feels now knowing he got played by the tramp. I still think he will be an idiot towards Merit though. I agree, what does happen to Amber though? I don't remember if they did anything.

    Why not host a party in your garden? *pouts* LOL!

    I am so happy these vamps can eat. Definitely reminds me of the BDB vampires, blood is more nutritional than anything else.

    Absolutely, more Catcher and more Jeff. I loved that nymph scene. I was so shocked, but I couldn't stop laughing LOL!

    The ending wasn't bad, but if you are going to take down a villain, do it with a bang LOL!

    I can't wait to get the rest of the books in this series. I am definitely joining you in the Hounded read along. I won the book a while back actually, so I won't have to run out and buy it like with this one LOL!

    Thanks so much for the comment hon, I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. "I wanted some blood dammit". I'm so glad I wasn't drinking when I read that! I'm so on board with ya there :)

    I love they can eat too. Such great scenes because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was expecting something a bit bigger for the ending as well, and was disappointed that it kind of fell flat.

    And I loved that sandwich making scene too. It did sound yummy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Morgan. I hope he stays a good guy.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D