CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, February 6, 2012

BookWhore Book Club Week #1: Foolish Games by Leah Spiegel

Discussion announcement and info here: BookWhore

Blurb from BookWhore

Hello everyone, welcome to the first week of February Bookwhore Book Club!! I am excited and I hope you are to. Please answer the questions in the comments section. If you have some thoughts or questions or anything you want to add please also leave those in the comments section below, for discussion.

Schedule: 
Mon 6th 1-3
Mon 13th 4-7
Mon 20th 8-11
Mon 27th 12-14
28th Linkz and review will be posted

*********************************************

Chapters 1-3

1. Your thoughts on each character:
~Hawkins: I love Hawkins. He cracks me up. He is definitely mysterious and I think the reason he teases Joie so much is because she sees right through him. I can't wait to see where all this goes. I see some major book boyfriend potential coming on here. YAY!

~Lizzie: Um...yeah. Not a fan. This is the sort of girl that will stab you in the back if you are the center of attention. Her head is way too far up her own ass. I really don;t see how Joie and Riley put up with her. So far, I haven't seen any friend-like qualities at all.

~Riley: Oh I am definitely a Riley fan. He is hilarious and a great friend. I see why him and Joie are such good friends. He has her back. It also doesn't hurt that he is hot.

~Joie: I love Joie. She is a girl that will be who she is no matter. I like that she isn't someone like Lizzie that will do anything to get noticed. She is witty and I like that she doesn't take Hawkins crap. Definitely an interesting match.


2. What do you think about the friendship between Joie and Lizzie?
As I said before, I am not sure this is a "friendship" per se. They know each other well and hang out, but Lizzie really rubs me the wrong way. I don't trust her. At the end of chapter 3, we start to see some jealously coming from Lizzie. Hawkins is clearly showing some signs towards Joie and is getting the attention. This happens after Lizzie declares she wants him even though she is banging the drummer. I say, Joie run as fast as you can! Lizzie is trouble. 


3. When Hawkins tells Joie that they are not safe around the band what do you think he was implying? Do you think Lizzie might be in danger? 
I think there is something with the other guys in his band or the other band that Kosic manages. I definitely think Lizzie will get herself in trouble because all she sees is hot, rich and famous. I don't like Kosic, after the drinking incident, I found that so odd. And I know Joie did as well because she brought it up. I thought Kosic was nice at first, but now, I am very suspicious.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I wish I had known about this I would have done it with you! Oh well looking forward to Hounded in March!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D