CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BookWhore Book Club Week #4: Foolish Games by Leah Spiegel


Discussion announcement and info here: BookWhore

This is the last week of the Foolish Games discussion. I am so happy I gave this book a chance. It was such a thrilling read. I am working on my review for this and can't wait to check out everyone else's. Thanks to all who participated. It has been so much fun chatting with the ladies about this book. You guys really made it all even more fun. And thank you Leah Spigel for providing the book and I can't wait to see more from you.


Schedule:
Mon 6th 1-3
Mon 13th 4-7
Mon 20th 8-11
Mon 27th 12-14
28th Linkz and review will be posted


*********************************************

Chapters 12-14

1) If you could change anything about the story what would it be?

The only thing I would change is that I would have made it longer LOL! But the only thing I would have changed was what happened to the Grimm Reaper. I won't spoil it, but I would have liked that to have been a little longer specifically. I did love that scene, I was on the edge of my seat with that scene, so intense. I would have liked a face-to-face between him and Hawkins. I loved this book though. Everything wrapped up well. I usually don't read Contemporary Romance especially if it is YA, but this was sweet and thrilling all at once. This was an amazing coming of age story as well. It was nice seeing Joie grow in this book, seeing her break out of her shell. It was also nice to see a different side to Hawkins. He was a little standoffish at first, but I love him even more.


2) What was your favorite part in this book?

Oh that is a great question. I love the surprise of the band having a stalker. It added another layer to the story. I love when Hawkins and Joie stop their bickering and realize they are perfect together. But I do like the bickering, it makes them more fun in my opinion. I loved the scene when Hawkins was mocking Joie reading a book while at his concert. I just thought it was pretty funny. I love their first date. It was so sweet before it was cut short. I would love Hawkins as a boyfriend. I also love all of Riley's scenes LOL!


3) What did you think about the ending?

I love the ending. Everything worked out the way it should. I even forgave Lizzie. It was nice to see that she knew how ridiculous she has been acting and apologized for what she did. I really thought I would hate her until the end given that even after facing death, she was still mean and selfish. I am glad she had a change of heart. I loved Hawkins even more when he did what he did for Joie when the final plan went through. If that is not love, I don't know what is. And I love that it definitely looks like something is blooming between Riley and Harlow. FINALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D