CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long #1: Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne

Information and sign up HERE

Welcome everyone to Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long featuring Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne. I hope you all join us in this awesome discussion. Click the link below the pick to see how and when you can participate for a chance to win prizes from Kevin Hearne himself. 

Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!

*********************************************

Chapters 1-5:

1. Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book:  "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius."  If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?  

Oh that is an awesome question. I would have loved to have seen The Beatles perform for the first time. I mean, why not? I would also like to be around for any of the numerous unsolved mysteries of our history. I would also love to witness Bernini sculpting The Ecstasy of St. Teresa.



2. In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers!  Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus?  I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!

I laughed so much at this. With a lot of books, when the man has been around for so long, they come off cold and don't seem to get all hot and bothered by sexy women. Atticus is the very opposite of that. You would think a man that has been around 21 centuries, he would be more reserved. He acted like a 14 year old. So I think it will protect him to a point. He definitely has a weakness and even knowing the weakness, he doesn't stop to think of the consequences. But isn't that fitting though? How many wars have been started because a man couldn't keep his pants on? History in the making right here LOL!


3. The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter!  Did you love Oberon immediately?  Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?

To be honest, every since I was little and saw Aladdin, I wanted a talking white tiger. Again, why not? It would be awesome. Of course, I wouldn't keep it caged or anything. I would have to be somewhere where it can hunt and all, but I would want to be able to call it. This is definitely an animal I would want by my side (definitely not my back, just in case). So badass!



4. In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek?  He says nobody pays attention to names here.  Do you know what your name means and where it comes from?  Or do you have a name you wish had?  Let's talk names!

I learned about my name a long time ago. Diana means the divine one (thanks mom) and I believe it is Latin. Also cool I was named after a goddess. It is after the Roman goddess Diana who was the Goddess of the Hunt (or the Moon).


5. We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo!  Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.

I found this very interesting. Who would have thought? I would hire them for sure. You can't be an Alpha and be clueless, so having two men together with very big egos would work in my favor. In the end, I know they are working hard to make my opponents lose. The negative would be them trying to tear each other apart, but as the ook said, they have a common enemy they would want to take down as well. They can fight each other when it is all said and done. Just as long as I am not involved.

 *********************************************

Make sure to visit On A Book Bender next Friday for the next discussion! Hope to see you all there!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Divine One... I mean Diana.... LOL.

    Your blog is absolutely stunning! I can't beleive I haven't been here before!
    Great answers! and I think that being around to see the wonders of the wrold would be really cool... especially the pyramids.

    can't wiat to read your answers next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernini good choice. One of my favorite Baroque pieces. I don't think Atticus is going down...there are at least 3 more books, but it won't be the 1st time an man's undoing was caused *insert in your pants joke here*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the Beattles who wouldn't want to see their first perfomances? Great answer, except you left out Elvis. Yep, men can't keep their pants on for sure, I am positive he is going to do some thinking with his other brain and be in big trouble. Oh wow a white tiger, awesome, they are gorgeous.
    Yes, Diana the moon goddess I have always loved that name. So glad you are on board. Hope you are having a little easier go with your computer these days. I followed you via Linky, hopefully you can follow me back, The loss of GFC really messed up my feed. I hate Google, I am not using their crap anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D