CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, March 23, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long #4: Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne

Information and sign up HERE

Welcome to Week 4 of the Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long featuring the exciting and hilarious book Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne. Again, if you haven't started this yet, you must. This book is such a blast and I can't wait to write my review for it. Such a treat. Two more dates to go, there is still some time left.


Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!



*********************************************

Chapters 16-20:

1.  Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to "ninja" his way out of the shop and into Hal's Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to "ninja" your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?

It sucks to admit this, but I have had this moment more times than I can count. I am a huge klutz and have a tendency of doing things without thinking. I think one of my most embarrassing moments as when I was in elementary school. I was in chorus and we had a concert. The skirt I had on was a little tight and very long, but no worries, I wasn't going to do anything but sing. Right? Well I forgot I was one of the tall ones and had to stand on the highest bleacher. This starts the first tear in the back of the skirt. I wrote it off because it was small. Right again? I was unaware of the amount of climbing and walking I had to do that day. And add that to my recess time in the playground. At the end, the skirt split so high, my ass was out of everyone to see. So I had to ninja my way in the classroom and tried my best not to move at all. Anytime I did, it was when the class was busy with something and not paying much attention. I had to walk backwards a lot that day until my mom came for me.


2. Atticus's main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?

Oh I love this. Well, a sword has always been my favorite actually. I also love stilettos. They are sharp and and more portable than a sword. I want them to  have the ability to cut through anything, even a diamond. Never get dull and have the ability to steal energy from my enemies. How cool would that be? Whatever they do won't hurt me, but bounce right back to them. Awesome!


3.  To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept? 

I have been lucky to never fall asleep in any weird places. I think the weirdest place was a table in my hotel room a year or two ago. There was four of us and two beds and I like having a bed to myself. So in the chair with my head on the table is where I stayed. It just sucked since my back was killing me in the morning. I know, not exciting, but it is weird for me.


4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't expecting to find that she's sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile? 

I was thinking that she had some connection with the witches, but she would be the only one to trust. Out of all the witches so far, I don't find her creepy. So I was almost on the money. I find it interesting that she wants to become a Druid too. This is a very nice twist to the story. I like it a lot. I am curious as to why Hal and Oberon didn't say anything about her scent, well scents especially Hal. He warned Atticus about her, but didn't give a reason why. He knew she was extra different and he should have mentioned that to Atticus to begin with.


5.  Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she's done in the past. However, she's supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the "other" witches?

I actually like Laksha. She was upfront with Atticus and made him know that she was a psycho back then. All the other witches weren't front up with their agendas. Laksha didn't beat around the bush. I think they know where they stand, so I think Atticus is safer to trust her than the other witches. I am dying to see where this will go.


*********************************************

Make sure to check out the final chapters next week over at The Unread Reader . I can't wait to see the special interview. Hope to see you guys there.

4 comments:

  1. Stilettos would be a great weapon + people look sexy wearing them so maybe you can stun your opponent too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story about your skirt was funny, I am sure it was a long day, an arse hanging out in elementary school could be a very bad deal. Oh stilettos interesting. You obviously wouldn't be able to run fast or quietly so they better have some magic right, stabbing someone in the eye is good.
    You are very trusting of Lashka, everyone else is keeping her at bay, guess we will see next week right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer on Granuaile! I didn't even go to good witch with her, but that would have made the story really interesting!! The twist with Laksha is still pretty cool, though! And I'm a fan of Laksha for the same reason you kind of trust her, b/c she was upfront with good 'ole Atticus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've so forgotten about elementary school. I think once I fell and split my pants and I spent the rest of the day with a sweater around my waist. Ack! I hate what that kind of thing happens. And, sleeping in a chair would kind of suck and I'll give it to yah, it's weird. I'd rather sleep on the floor than a chair, but that's just me. My back sucks. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D