CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long #5: Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne

Information and sign up HERE

Welcome to the final week of Kiss Me, I'm Irish Read-A-Long featuring Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne. Hopefully you all have had a lot of fun with this book. I know I have. I can't wait to write the review for this. What a ride! So come and join for the last discussion. Don't forget next week there will be a special interview with Kevin Hearne from our host. Thank you all again.

Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!
 
*********************************************

Chapters 21-25 + Epilogue:
 
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
 
Fortunately for me, I have not had this sort of moment before. I am pretty good at keeping secrets. People have the tendency to tell me things and I never pass it along. But given that I am a good listener, I have had moments when I listened to what people had to say and the untrustworthy ones would pass my name along and start rumors. And I would be in the center of it. Frakking high school! So as important as it is to keep a secret, be wary of who is telling you those secrets.
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, "the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility." Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
 
I would embrace it. I think given the fact that I have been obsessed with the supernatural since I was a kid, I would love to hear that there are other beings among us. I am use to adjusting and changing. I think I would be startled for maybe two seconds and then I would get the ball rolling afterward. I wouldn't be so afraid of the unknown, I would be afraid of those who don't like the unknown. Those are the ones to be frightened of :(


3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
 
Wow, he is packed with plenty of awesome powers, but I love the camouflage. It helped Oberon, helped with the sword, helped with his nakedness. It definitely has gotten him out of some tight situations more than his other powers.


4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That's when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
 
My family for sure. They all get on my nerves, but I would fight for them for sure. If there was a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, I would be the first one with a knife protecting the house LOL!
 
 
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
 
I remember when Brighid said that when he used her power, he would be weak. That was an understatement! He was completely defenseless. The Morrigan was definitely a surprise. Did not expect her to show up and help Atticus. What happened with Radomila was completely unexpected and brutal. Now I see why Atticus is so paranoid about his blood. Goodness, that was gross. None of this went as expected, but I loved it all just the same.


6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
 
Least favorite part of the book: I love all the parts in this book, but I wasn't a fan of Flidais and her strange arrival of Flidais. I didn't like how random she showed up after Atticus "problem" was mentioned. Didn't like her from the get-go.
Least favorite character: Mr. Semerdjian. Just annoying and nosy as hell. I would have my dog leave "surprises" on his front lawn too. I have a neighbor almost like him. Not annoying, but definitely nosy.

Favorite part: That is a hard one. There are a lot of great parts. I think one of my favorites was the fight against Bres. That was a fun scene and I love the reaction from Mrs. MacDonagh afterward. Did not see that coming.

Favorite character: I love Atticus, but Oberon was an absolute blast. Even Atticus talks about Oberon "power" to make him feel better and forget how crazy his life is. Oberon is definitely one of my favorite characters period. 


7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
 
I don't know, but I feel like him and Brighid will have a falling out for sure given what happened. I will definitely continue this. It was a great read and a really great story. It is so nice to read a book about a Druid (exception of Karen M. Moning). So unique and a lot of fun.

*********************************************
 
See you next week for Kevin Hearne's interview and the announcement of the winners. If you have any questions for Hearne, please be sure to leave them in the comments with one of the hosts and they will get the word out to him. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Flidais is definitely not to be trusted. Funnily enough I thought she was going to be okay at first. She seemed to be looking out for Atticus and was really nice to Oberon so I kind of thought she was alright. How very wrong was I! Totally manipulative. Tsk, you just can't trust these damn gods!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D