CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Indie Book Review: Unknown Futures (1Night Stand #77) by Jessica E. Subject

Author: Jessica E. Subject
Series: 1Night Stand
Number in Series: 77
Format: PDF
Release Date: December 31, 2011
Pages: 31
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Genre: GLBT/Science Fiction/Erotic Romance












Buy here:

Synopsis from Goodreads

Attacked as a young adult, Jewel is left scarred and alone. She applies to the 1 Night Stand service, believing no one can see past her appearance to love her. But she doesn’t expect to be sent to a space station where her date could be any number of unusual alien species.

Flavia left everything behind to be one of five humans working for the Space Service space station. Extremely homesick, she is excited to learn she will be a guide to a woman from Earth visiting the station for a couple days. She is immediately drawn to the petite woman, seeing past her scars to her true inner beauty, stirring unforeseen desires.

Unfortunately, Jewel is there for a date which Flavia hasn’t been told about. Can she contain her lust and simply show her a good time? Or will she let her desire lead them into an unknown future?


    Jewel was attacked at the age of sixteen that left her permanently scarred. When not giving what some guy wanted, he threw acid in her face and now she feels like a monster. So to feel some kind of connection, she applies to Madam Evangeline's 1Night Stand service. But the service sends her to a station...in space. This of course doesn't make her feel better because she thinks it means no humans would want her. Flavia or V is one of only five humans lucky enough to be sent to space. But she wishes for more. That is until Jewel arrives and V will be her guide. V is disappointed that Jewel has a date and doesn't know if she can persuade her otherwise.

      This is my very first GLBT story. So I want to thank Jessica (@Mark Of the Stars ) even more for making it such a beautiful and erotic experience, I fell head over heels for these characters especially Jewel. She has been through so much. I remember reading one of Jessica's guest post that she had of Jewel and her father. It is truly obvious that Jewel felt abandoned. I loved how things blossomed between V and Jewel even though Jewel didn't think she was worthy because of her scars. I love that V slowly but surely takes Jewel out of her comfort zone and shows her to enjoy life no matter what planet she is on. V had a real strong personality and confidence and seeing her help Jewel feel the same way was just beautiful.

     The plot of this book isn't really revealed until the very end. It does take you by surprise and it put a big smile on my face. You are kept guessing where things will go and I am happy it had such a wonderful ending. I love how the story develops. Just the idea of being sent to space to work and live is very exciting. I love that even though this is a short story, the romance builds and isn't absolutely instant. I wish the characters scenes together were a little longer, but still, I can't complain. 

    Some complaints however. I wish they really revealed their feelings for each other. I just love it when they say it to each other and they didn't in this. You know they love each other, true, but still. I would have liked to have experienced the world that was built a little longer as well. This isn't so much of a complaint, but more that I wish it was longer. Jessica always comes up with amazing sci-fi worlds and I really loved what she gave us in this story. I wish I could have seen more of it. It was breathtaking.

    Overall, I highly recommend this if you want a sexy, short read. Jessica has once again given us an original and beautiful love story that truly puts a smile on your face and sticks with you. It is a lovely read with Jessica amazing sci-fi attitude. Definitely worth reading.


Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenges*
Dead Book Darling's The 2012 Short Story Challenge

1 comment:

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D