CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, June 8, 2012

BookWhore Book Club Week #6: Bella by Steve Piacente

Discussion announcement and info here: BookWhore

The Schedule
May 3rd Preface-3
May 10th 4-8
May 17th 9-12
May 24th 13-16
May 31st 17-21
June 7th 22-25
June14th 26-29
June 21st 30-33
June 28th 34-37
Review with Linky 29th
*********************************************
Chapters 22-25
1) This week we got a sneak peak at Isabel's little girl Katie, and what she is going through. I am curious what every thought about the scene with young Katie in the store?
You can tell she is really hurting. I couldn't imagine how that must of felt. I had tears in my eyes. Goodness, her life is so upside down. With her blanket named Hanky and the way she acts around Danny. I don't think it is smart of Isabel to introduce a new man to Katie so soon after her dad's death, the store scene was a perfect example of that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and weird that must be for her. I wouldn't feel right if I was in her shoes. I know Bella loves her daughter, but I am not 100% sure Katie is her first priority and she should be.

2) Danny expresses feelings of love toward Isabel, he pursues her into his bed and is willing to give up his entire life for her. Put yourself in Isabel's shoes, how do you think she is feeling about this "relationship", or how would you be feeling if you were her?
I think he is the "stress reliever", not new man of the house. I think there are feelings, but I am not sure they are at the level where Danny's are. If I were her, I wouldn't even think about sleeping with a married man or sleeping with someone so soon after my husband was killed. All the more reason why I don't trust her. Just wrong.
3) Did learning more about Ravoli change how you originally felt about him back when you first discovered he killed Hank and the military covered it up?
I never thought it was intentional, but I still feel a set up here. I never thought Ravoli was a bad guy really though. I think that once he confessed about what happened, someone came for him. I think he lied for a reason. I don't think it is a coincidence he died after Bart had his talk with Danny and Isabel. Man, this is getting crazier by the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D