CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, June 1, 2012

Married With Zombies Scavenger Hunt Read-a-Long Week #1 - Chapters 1-5



So starts Week one of the Scavenger Hunt! Enjoy! For all those who need details and want to participate, click the giant button above! (Or on my sidebar!) *HUGGLES THE ZOMBIE LOVERS/KILLERS* 


Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader

*********************************************

Chapters 1-5 
 
1. In chapter 2 Sarah has to put her marriage therapist "to rest" with a letter opener. Let's see your weaponized letter opener in mid-action! No letter opener? Think fast! You need to rescue your friend/significant other! What are you going to use when no actual weapons are available? No knives, no guns! Show me what you've got!

Just so you know, I hate taking pictures of myself especially since my hair is so messed up right now. But bare with me people LOL!

 
This is a picture of my with my brand new pair of very sharp and pointy scissors. This is my battle cry. Zombies will feel my wrath!


2. In chapter 2 Sarah is wrestling with Dr. Kelly and David can't seem to find a weapon to help his dear wife with. Until...Sarah yells at him to use something on Dr. Kelly's body, which he grabs and smashes into her head. I want to see your most killer pair of this item!


I wish I had a better pair of tough shoes. I usually just wear my Vans which I have had for years. Not sure if they will hold up against a zombie. But my wedges will do well. The heels are very tough. I could knock a few skulls in with them for sure.


3. In chapter 3, Sarah hears an unexpected noise in the bathroom while she's nervously peeing. She grabs "the closest thing there was to a weapon in the room". I want a picture of the same type of item that is closest to you....no soft edges people. They won't do the brain damage necessary to kill the living dead. 


Who better to save me than a Brother? I know Tohr would be more than happy to take out a zombie for me.


4. At the end of chapter 5, Dave gives Sarah a weapon just before they are leaving their apartment to pay a little visit to Jack & Amanda's apartment. Let's see a picture of yours (same type of item). 


Ummm...does my iPod's flashlight app count? I sadly don't have a flashlight which is awful considering this is Florida and hurricane season just started. Time for some changes LOL!


5. How do you feel about the book up to this point? Any thoughts you want to share?

I am loving it so far. Definitely takes marriage counseling to a whole new level. I think they should try and do something this extreme. It might help a lot of people stay together if they knew they could be eaten in any second LOL! Seriously though, this is a very great book so far. Love the mixture of horror and comedy. My favorite kind. I am loving the dynamic between Sarah and David. You can see what their problems are and their differences. They are definitely entertaining. This would make a great movie.

3 comments:

  1. LOL- that first pic was awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Who better than a brother to show a zombie who's boss!

    Love that picture of you! Very convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the war-cry look in your first pic! And a movie of MWZ would be amazzzzing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D