CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Married With Zombies Scavenger Hunt Read-a-Long Week #2 - Chapters 6-10




Scavenger Hunt Schedule:
Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader
*********************************************
 
Chapters 6-10
 
1. In Chapter 6, Sarah and Dave raid Amanda’s apartment for guns… When they come out they run into their super, Mr. Gonzales, when he tries to attract Sarah: What does she hit? Do you have one of these? You could totally bash some Zombie brains with one!Show me whatcha got! If you don’t have one of these, then anything that you would find in a hallway of an apartment building! (good luck!) 
 
Unfortunately, I do not have a fire extinguisher in my house. Man, I really am not zombie prepared. I feel ashamed LOL! What I do have in the hallway of my house is a heavy candle holder. The end is pointy and I could easily knock a zombie out with it. Sorry, it isn't the best pic, not enough room in our hallway, but that is the top.
 
 
 
 
2. In Chapter 7, Sarah and David are watching a news report of the zombie attacks when the doctor on TV attacks the reporter… The news crew steps in and starts bashing the zombie with a _______, grab the nearest similar object (whatever’s handy) that you would use if you were attacked at WORK!
 
I do not have the same object. What I usually have at my desk are my easy to grip, but bulky speakers. Again, very head-bashing worthy and I could kill two at a time if I needed to.
 
 
 
3. Chapter 8… Amanda, Sarah and Dave are preparing to head out of town, and while they’re getting in the car, three zombies attack them! Sarah bashes one with the butt of her shot gun as instinct takes over, so whatcha got? You’re getting in your car, fleeing the city- zombies attack, no guns or knives… What are you going to use to defend yourself??
 
When leaving town, I know we will carry cans of food with us, so I will sacrifice a can of fruit cocktail. It is store brand, so I will be okay with it LOL!

 
4. In Chapter 9 & 10 there aren’t any zombie killings… That we could replicate!!! So, give me a couple of your favorite quotes from Chapters 5-10!!!
 
Oh there are plenty I love, but here here are three. Enjoy!
“Never go to bed angry. Terrified is okay.” 
 
“I stopped as I thought of poor Jack on my bathroom floor, just another victim of Dr. Phil.”
 
"Make requests, not demands. "Please" kill that zombie, honey, I'm out of bullets."

6 comments:

  1. That candle holder looks deadly. I agree I am not zombie prepared either. Ha ha fruit cocktail, yuck hate that stuff! Good call to use it to bash zombies! Great post! Thanks for sharing and happy weekend, my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Make requests, not demands. "Please" kill that zombie, honey, I'm out of bullets." BWAHAHA! I loved that heading. And, the "store brand" fruit cocktail.

    I don't have a fire extinguisher either. I had to settle for screwdrivers. I believe I am sorely unprepared for the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am another with no fire ext. I had to go to work get the one in my pictures.

    I am zombie unprepared--I would be at the first meeting of "now that you are a zombie" school LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heidi - It is pretty deadly and it would be easy access in case anything got through the door LOL! I love fruit cocktail, but I prefer name brand LOL! But a can will definitely be a great weapon. Thanks hon. Hope you have a great weekend too :)

    @Jen - Thanks hon. Those headings are great. Petersen has a great sense of humor. Screwdrivers are a good call. I like that. I have a bunch of tools in my house. Why didn't I think of that? LOL! I am unprepared as well. I need to work on that LOL!

    @Felicia - I can't believe we don't have a fire extinguisher. Can't believe you had to go to work just to get a picture of one. I really need to buy one. I hope I never have to go to that school LOL!

    Thank you guys so much. You guys are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Store brand canned food is seriously lethal! I still remember the time I accidentally dropped a can on my toe and the bruise that developed lasted for weeks! LOL

    And that is some good, quick thinking with the speakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, the chapter headings are hysterical!! I'm finding that more and more in books and I love it.

    And you'll definitely take down some zombies with that candle holder!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D