CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Movie Review: Ghost Rider-Spirit of Vengenace (2012)



Synopsis from IMDB

Johnny Blaze, a man who made a deal with the Devil who called himself Roarke at the time, is on the run trying to make sure no-one is harmed by his alter ego, The Ghost Rider. He is approached by a Monk named Moreau who tells him that he can help be him free of the Rider, but first, he needs Johnny's help to protect a boy, whom Roarke has plans for.

*********************************************

    Damn, damn, double damn. I hated the first Ghost Rider so much I can't remember most of this. But goodness gracious, what was this shit? Two words would have helped this movie immensely; common sense! This film is not only stupid, but it manages to defy logic. I swear the writer and director were drunk off their asses when they worked on this. They don't deserve paychecks for this shit. It is insulting.

     This film features Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze which should tell you plenty. He is trying to battle the rider. He doesn't like how the rider is taking over his life. But the way Cage "acted" when the rider was taking over was the funniest thing about this movie and it wasn't even a comedy. He acted like a drug addict desperate for his next fix. There was this one weird scene (of many weird scenes. I mean bad weird, not good weird) where Blaze is on his motorcycle and trying not to become the Rider. But he is making all these goofy faces straight into the camera. He looked like he was having a seizure. I am all about making a film fun, but still be serious about your work. No way anyone was taking their jobs seriously here.

      We also have the little boy, Danny (Fergus Riordann), who is the son of the devil. Him and his mom Nadya (Violante Placido) are on the run because the devil has come to collect. The devil, Roarke (Ciaran Hinds) was the laziest thing ever. He had powers that he obviously didn't know what to do with them and when he did, they were stupid. He had a group of men put together to kidnap the kid. The leader Ray (Johnny Whitworth aka Young Kurt Russell) and his men were also quite stupid. When they first interact with the Rider, they didn't act the way you would expect them to. And the Rider doesn't even act as he is suppose to. I mean at least a little badass. He would stand in the middle of a coming battle, swaying. Yes, swaying. It is hard for me to think you are awesome when 1) you take too damn long to do something and 2) you look as though you would break out in dance any second now.

       And I thought having Monreau (Idris Elba) would have made this somewhat enjoyable. I was wrong, so wrong. Monreau was a French or Jamaican priest (honestly couldn't tell which, his accent was just as inconsistent as this movie) who drunk like a sailor, but knew how to help Blaze get rid of the Rider. Which we find out doesn't make any sense when you get down to how it was done and who the Ghost Rider really is. Quick question: if you are in a fight to verse the devil, don't you think keeping your demon powers first would be the smart way to defeat him? The answer is yes. But the operative word in that question is smart and well, this film doesn't even believe in that word.

      I could pick this movie apart and go over everything I didn't like, but we would be here all day. Do not watch this. This film is actually worse than the first one and I didn't think they would stoop that low. The only good thing I can say about this is that the Rider looked amazing especially at the end. That was cool. I also wish Whitworth was given better content to work with. I have seen him on CSI: Miami before and I know he can do better than this. Yet, he was still the best character in this movie. I know I am going on a little long here, but just to stress the magnitude of the crap of this movie to you. This film has Christopher Lambert in it. For nerds like myself, this is freaking Rayden from the God-awful Mortal Kombat and MacLeod from The Highlander movies. Enough said. 


Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! 1 star!

    I miss seeing Nicholas Cage on screen so that was the selling point for me, add Idris Elba to the mix and I'm sold.

    But outside the eye candy the plot was not good, if not for the special effects it would've been one bad movie indeed like straight to DVD kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cage is never a selling point for me. When I see his name in a movie, I know I will get crap. My only reason for watching this was Elba and the material they gave him was ridiculous. The plot was awful. It does look great, but it really should have gone straight to DVD. Thanks again hon.

      Delete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D