CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, August 27, 2012

Indie Book Review: Love's Prophecy (The Prophecy Series #1) by Brenda Dyer

Author: Brenda Dyer
Series: The Prophecy Series
Number in Series: 1
Format: PDF
Release Date: May 9, 2012
Pages: 313
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy














Buy here:



Synopsis from Goodreads

In the depth of time...

Lucifer vowed to destroy humans and take the Earth from The Creator. In secret, vampires were brought about to thwart Lucifer's plan. Locked in a battle centuries old, vampires guarded The Creator's children against annihilation from demons. But the era of a new breed of warrior needed to turn the tides of war has come. The time for the fulfillment of the Vampire Prophecy begins.

Dark warriors of might...

For Mel, a deadly vampire warrior sworn to hunt and kill demons in the dark streets of Vancouver, the mystery surrounding the Vampire Prophecy deepens when he meets Breeana, a human woman who not only bears the mark of the prophecy, but resembles the unknown woman haunting his dreams. A powerful link pulls him to her, overriding his willpower to stay away. When a vengeful demon spies Breeana in his arms, she is marked for death. To protect her, he must take her from the world she knows until he can eliminate the threat. But the real danger is the role Breeana must play in fulfilling the prophecy and the intense feelings she brings out in him. Mel is forced to choose between his obligations to his kind, the world, and the woman he loves.

Small warriors of light...

Veterinarian, Dr. Breeana Spencer is tired of being disappointed by love. Although love and a family is her greatest desire, she decides her career, friends, and romance novels are all she needs. But when she meets a mysterious stranger, she's drawn to him by a connection so forceful it shatters all reason, leaving her incapable of resisting him. Yet there's more to him than smoldering good looks and a rock-hard body. As she's drawn deeper into his danger-filled world, she learns she's part of an ancient vampire legend. Breeana fears her future is no longer hers and will not include Mel. A life altering choice is before her—one that will take all her courage and love to make.

*********************************************
      Now, you know my love for the Black Dagger Brotherhood. That series has started my love for Paranormal Romance. And being a fan, I would love to introduce to you its cousin who is just as badass and sexy might I add. Dyer has given us an amazing new take on vampires and it was so good, I have every intention on getting the next book as soon as possible.

      Breeana and Mel are just amazing together. Even though this is a paranormal romance, they feel like a real couple. When Mel tells her what he is, her reaction was epic. She love vampire romance novels and only her best friend knows that. So she immediately believes her friend has pulled a candid camera moment on her. You couldn't help but smile at this moment. It is probably a reaction I would have too. I would definitely believe it was a prank as well. I love Mel so much. He was a great complex character that was so buried under guilt, all he knew was fighting. He didn't really live. And given his backstory, you can see why. It will have you in tears. I love his scenes with Breeana, you can truly feel that weight getting lifted off of him every time they are together. Dyer really knows her characters and really knows how to draw you in. You feel a connection to them instantly.

      I am also very curious about her other characters specifically Kal. Kal and Mel are best friends. They are always hanging out. Kal is the joker. He is such fun and I love the bromance between him and Mel. Kal may seem like a guy who only cares about video games and women, but he cares for Mel and can see what is brewing between him and Breeana. I love how much he looks out for him. There are more men in the house and we only get snippets, but I can't wait for more especially their captain Roarik. Goodness, he is scary. I would love to see him and Wrath in a fight. Just saying.

      I couldn't put this book down. I love how protective Mel was of Breeana. He doesn't want that crazy she-demon coming after her especially given that Breeana is the only connection to the prophecy. I love how Dyer has thought that up and I can't wait to see what is to come. I love the connection between vampires and religion. Dyer has done an amazing job creating this story, it was brilliant to say the least.

      I won't spoil anything, but I love where this book went and how it developed. Again, fans of BDB will adore this. This is a love story I intend to reread again. It was beautifully written. There was laughing and a lot of badassry. The romance feels real and will keep you turning the pages because you have to know how things will end. It is just too good not to. Not to mention, this book really stands on its own. It may remind me of BDB, but the characters and the world shine a different light on PNR and vampires as a whole. Highly recommended. This is within my top 5 favorite reads this year. It has made my vampire-loving heart very happy.


Rating: 





*This book belongs to the following challenges*
BCC's Speculative Romance Challenge 2012

10 comments:

  1. great review, and so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYTHING said about this book is true. From page one, I was sucked in and couldn't put it down. I bought the ebook, and then the paperback. I can't wait for the next book to come out. Hurry and write, Brenda Dyer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a great review! Well deserved Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and support.

    Diana, thank you so much for the fantastic review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review and a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic review! Congrats Brenda! Love's Prophecy is going on my TBR list right now! Sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely! I'm reading this now and just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D