CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Indie Book Review: Sudden Breakaway (1Night Stand Series) by Jessica E. Subject

Author: Jessica E. Subject
Series: 1Night Stand
Format: PDF
Pages: 30
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Release Date: September 7, 2012
Genre: Erotic Romance/Military/Science Fiction













Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Dressed in her black designer suit, Paige Brown recruits men and women for the Space Service. After the end of her marriage, and several failed recruiting missions, she yearns to find a way out of her lifelong contract to live a normal life. To find love again.

Jared Barnes’s life had been flipped upside down by two little kids. When his former Commander’s wife shows up to give him a reprieve, he jumps at the chance for a break, and to visit his former squad. But it is not his buddies he meets in the private suite at the hockey game, instead a woman who has been the star of all of his recent fantasies.


*********************************************

      Sudden Breakaway is a short, super sexy read that left me smiling. Paige is good at her job being a recruiter for the Space Service, but it seems she has lost her spunk. She hasn't gotten anyone to sign on and it could be partially because she doesn't want her job anymore. I love this story of a woman who wants more out of life than her job. She went into it with her husband and well...things didn't work out. So since they can't work together, she is just going through with the job due to the contract. She has no hope for anything else but work. But things change when she tries to recruit Jared. I loved him. He was super sexy. I wish we had more of a story about him raising his sister's kids since she died. We get a glimpse of him and those kids together and it was adorable and funny.

      I love the chemistry that Paige and Jared share even though they have only seen each other twice. Subject gave us a nice taste of BDSM in this book. It was new and I liked it. I loved how the story ended and how Paige's life goes a complete 180. One thing I didn't like was Paige's husband. We meet him near the end and what he does doesn't match his personality. He comes off as a total ass, so why did he do what he did? I wouldn't have seen a guy like him doing something like that. I wish we got some background on that. Or maybe that is a 1NightStand story I missed. Either way, a motive would have been nice.

      Overall, this was a great read. It was 30 pages of pure sensual bliss. Though short, I did have a connection with the characters. I love that they try to better their lives with each other especially Paige. She makes a quite the big sacrifice to be with Jared. They definitely leaped off the pages for me. If you are looking for a fun and sexy little read, this is a winner.

Rating:




*This book belongs to the following challenges*
BCC's 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012
Dead Book Darling's The 2012 Short Story Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Diana, for taking the time to read and review, Sudden Breakaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Diana!!! :-D I'm glad that you enjoyed the story even though it was only 30 pages long. Sometimes it's hard to really get into stories like that especially since there is so much detail left out of them.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D