CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review: The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa

Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten
Number in Series: 1
Format: PDF (Netgalley)
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Pages: 504
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult/Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance













Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

*********************************************

      The Lost Prince follows the little brother of Meghan from the Iron Fey series (this is technically Iron Fey #5). Ethan is now in high school and is quite the loner considering all he sees. He knows and sees the Fey and tries his very best to avoid them. He wears iron, knows spells, and avoids any connection with the Fey at all costs. One day though, he meets a boy named Todd who uses the Fey to play tricks on the bullies that harass him everyday. Ethan warns Todd about making bargains with them and tries (reluctantly) to help Todd. But Todd ignores Ethan's warnings about them. Ethan is then inadvertently thrown deeper into the Fey world he discovers faeries are disappearing. So him and a very stubborn girl named Kenzie must contact Meghan and warn her about what is happening before more faery vanish.

      First, I want you guys to do something. Just stare at that cover for a few seconds. Embrace it. It is so damn good, it brings a tear to my eye. I must say, I have not started the previous books in the Iron Fey series. I know, I know. Everybody raves about them, it kills me. People say this is one of the best YA series they have ever read. Now I see why. I just got the first book after I finished this because I couldn't believe I waited so long. I love Kagawa's style which I discovered from The Immortal Rules and I must have more. I loved this book. Ethan was just pure perfection. I loved how much he cared about his family even though they didn't truly understand him. He is still haunted by when he was kidnapped and taken to the Iron Realm and has no intention of returning or knowing any of the Fey. He hates them for taking him, for nearly killing him and for “taking away” his sister. It was really easy to connect with Ethan. Although he has moments where he is a total jerk. I understand why he acted that way, but it was a bit much especially towards Todd and Kenzie.

      Kenzie was amazing. Nothing fazed her. Even though Ethan had his moments, she still wanted to know him. I won't lie, I was suspicious of her at first specifically with why the football players were sticking up for her so much when they didn't seem like the type. But that changed quickly when we actually get to know her. She was bubbly, but not in an annoying way and had a backbone. Even as a human, she took on the Fey like nobody's business. Definitely my kind of female lead. I love what we find out about her and why see is the way she is. We also meet Keirran in the Iron Realm. I loved him. He was playful and a bit sneaky. But he has reasons for his sneakiness, reasons I won't mention, but are they are huge!!!

     I love this story of disappearing Fey and how much of an impact it makes on Ethan. His hate for them has pretty much blinded him. All he sees is the bad in them. This was all about seeing how will Ethan adjust being thrown back in to the Fey world. Will he help a half-breed or will he leave him be and not want anything to do with it? Ethan is scared, but he hides it well. I love how much we see of Ethan and how effected he has been with what happened to him in the past. I also love the connections he has with Kenzie and Keirran.

      This was an incredible read. One of my favorites this year. Kagawa is an amazing storyteller. She knows how to grab your attention and keep you hooked to the end. The Lost Prince story was fun, scary, and action packed. The characters were to die for. Ethan and the gang were incredible. I am dying to have more Ash and Puck especially Puck. I hear Puck is one of the greatest things about this series. Every book I read with Puck in it is always loads of fun and this was a favorite. The moment he showed up the person I thought of was Damon from The Vampire Diaries. I loved this so much. I had a blast. Kagawa, I apologize for taking so long to read your work. I have been foolish. Highly recommended especially for Young Adult lovers. The Lost Prince is as drool worthy as its cover.


Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenges* 
BCC's 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012
BCC's Horror & Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge 2012
BCC's Speculative Romance Challenge 2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D