CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, December 3, 2012

Book Review: Seven Day Loan (or The Gift) (The Original Sinners #0.5) by Tiffany Reisz

Author: Tiffany Reisz
Series: The Original Sinners
Number in Series: 0.5
Format: ARC PDF (Netgalley)
Release Date: December 1, 2012
Pages: 42
Publisher: Harlequin Mira/Spice Briefs
Genre: Erotic Romance/Contemporary Romance/BDSM/Literary Fiction





Buy here:
(1) Amazon(For FREE!)  |  (2) Amazon|   Barnes & Noble (For FREE!)  |  BetterWorldBooks  |  IndieBound


Synopsis from Goodreads

A trained submissive, Eleanor will do whatever her master commands...even spend a week with a stranger. Daniel has been a recluse since his wife's death, and Eleanor's lover thinks spending time with her will be therapeutic--especially since Daniel is also a Dom.

Despite her defiant streak, Eleanor can't resist giving in to Daniel's erotic demands. But while she'll let him have her body, she's determined to keep a guard around her heart. Even if Daniel wants to make Eleanor his permanently....

*********************************************

     This is a prequel to the Original Sinners series. I read this after the first one. This was still about the time I was freaked out by Soren. And this story definitely shows why. Soren is Eleanor's Dominate. Soren literally loans Eleanor (Nora) to his friend for a week. Soren's friend, Daniel, is a shut in. Ever since the untimely death of his wife, Daniel hasn't left his property in years. But with Nora, Daniel feels a connection with her and wants to keep her with him. But Nora knows that Daniel has issues he needs to figure out. So should she stay with him or try to set him free?

      I wasn't sure about how I would feel about this. But when I finished it, I loved it. Reisz is a freaking genius. I loved how this story came together. Nora is a very smart woman, but it is obvious she has a lot of baggage. The connection between her and Daniel was very interesting. I thought it would have been scary at first, but they worked. I felt sorry for Daniel and how things have been for him. He definitely stopped living after his wife died.

      There was a lot of emotional baggage from Daniel. That is what made this story for me. Eleanor wants to escape Soren, but doesn't know how. Daniel is too scared to leave and wants to have Nora to himself. So she has to choose between one prison or another. I loved the emotion we got in this and it wasn't just all about sex. As I have said before, I stayed clear from BDSM for a while. But books like this have opened my eyes. Reisz does such a good job with this story. I am glad I read The Siren first before I read this because this wouldn't have made much sense. I had a much better sense of the characters when I got into this; well Soren and Nora. I hope we get the chance to see Daniel sometime down the road. I do have one complaint though. For some that haven't read The Siren first and started with this prequel, this read might be a little much and/or confusing to you.

      Overall, this was a great. I absolutely love Tiffany Reisz and her work. She just knows how to get you out of your comfort zone with intriguing stories and interesting characters. Nora is sharp, funny, and isn't afraid of anything (except Soren). She is definitely not your typical heroine. I like to think of this as a new form of therapy because she did help Daniel. I love the ending and I am glad I found the Original Sinners series. This is easily one of my favorite series ever. Glad to say I am enjoying The Prince right now. Such a great read.


Rating:





*This book belongs in the following challenges*
BCC's 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012
Dead Book Darling's The 2012 Short Story Challenge

*********************************************

Check out my reviews for The Original Sinners 1 and 2

1 comment:

  1. Oh you have to read Daniel 2 in her website! There are a lot of goodies there, the prequels and what not.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D