CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Newfoundland Vampire Tour: Character Interviews and Teaser with Charles O'Keefe

Book Blurb from Goodreads
Like every other geek alive, Newfoundland native Joseph O’Reily secretly wants to be a superhero. At thirteen he fantasized about being a vampire, and ten years later he’s still fantasizing – but mostly about a beautiful redheaded woman who has eyes only for him. The one thing different about Joseph’s adult fantasy is that, amazingly, it comes true one night when he goes to a local university pub. Cassandra Snow, literally the woman of his dreams, invites him to her place for an evening of personal pleasure. Of course he’s not going to say no. But when strange things start happening afterward, Joseph quickly learns that not all dreams should come true.

Cassandra has plans for him – forever. And those plans don’t include daytime activities. An animal lover and recent vegetarian, Joseph wrestles with all the weird changes he’s experiencing after his encounter with Cassandra. Eternal youth and amazing power come at a price that is perhaps higher than he can afford. The constant hunger for blood and the secrets Cassandra harbors test his resolve and his mental and physical limits. And then there’s the fact that a two-hundred-year-old vampire is after his head – literally.

Joseph’s night vision improves dramatically, giving him a glimpse of the darker side of the world and the terrible evil of vampires who walk among humans. As he tries to balance his regular life with the new reality of his vampire existence, he is determined to hold onto his personal convictions and what he values most – his humanity.


Buy here:

*********************************************
 
Teaser for “The Newfoundland Vampire Book 2: Killer on the Road”

Joseph is still adjusting to vampire life, he just had a fight to the death with his girlfriend’s estranged husband, John Snow, and now he is experiencing his first ménage a trios, as only a vampire can. As if all of this was not complicated enough he has been charged with hunting down an killing a vampire, Donald Rathmore, who just happens to be the secret creation of John Snow and an evil misogynist killer in his own right. Donald also decides that while vengeance is not of any concern to him, killing a female vampire that he deems suitable for his “list” is.

While Donald continues his murderous spree, Joseph and Cassandra always seem to be one-step behind him. The chase is further complicate as they encounter other vampires and learn more about the mysterious nature of the vampire council and the coming war between good and evil.

Joseph is only beginning to trust Cassandra and his trust will be terribly shaken when he discovers she has even more secrets and that her idea of justice and morality is sometimes at complete odds with his own. Despite all his powers and growing skill, Joseph is tested physically as a vampire and emotionally by Cassandra and this time the answers and challenges may be too much for a young man to handle. 

*********************************************


Character Interview with Joseph O'Reiley



Like every other geek alive, Newfoundland native Joseph O’Reily secretly wants to be a superhero. At thirteen he fantasized about being a vampire, and ten years later he’s still fantasizing – but mostly about a beautiful redheaded woman who has eyes only for him. The one thing different about Joseph’s adult fantasy is that, amazingly, it comes true one night when he goes to a local university pub. Cassandra Snow, literally the woman of his dreams, invites him to her place for an evening of personal pleasure. Of course he’s not going to say no. But when strange things start happening afterward, Joseph quickly learns that not all dreams should come true.

Published by Penumbra Publishing and written by Charles O'Keefe

*Skype sessions opens*

Cro:
I'm sitting here with Joseph O'Reily, vampire and main character of the book "The Newfoundland Vampire" written by yours truly. Joseph is kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to talk with me and readers of this blog. Joseph, hello and a pleasure to meet you.

Joe:
Thanks for having me. Umm you know I'm a vampire and now you're telling everyone? *looks from side to side and whispers* isn't that kind of foolish?

Cro:
Well no not really, you're an imaginary character that I made up and vampires aren't real either.

Joe:
Not real huh? *his eyes flash red for a full two full seconds* I beg to differ. What do you mean made up? I'm sitting here aren't I? You're just lucky I'm a vegetarian.

Cro:
*smiles* Yes I know me too. You are aware that I'm you and you're me, correct?

Joe:
Well I suspected something along those lines but I'm the younger, more handsome and happier version of you. Have you seen my girlfriend? She is a total knockout. Inventory manager? What kind of shitty job is that? Oh and by the way that combover, really not working for you.

Cro:
Hey now! That was a low blow and yes I have seen her many times in my head, Cassandra is the woman of my dreams as well you know. But we're way off track here. Tell me how your life has changed since you were turned, what have you learned?

Joe:
Yeah sorry about that, it's easy to forget that everyone else will get old while I'll be young forever. Good question, well I've learn a lot. First off women are mysterious creatures, vampire or human it doesn't matter. Second being a vampire isn't easy aside form the need for blood I have to deal with others of our kind, at least one of whine wanted to kill me and just the other day I meet a vampire on is council who commands us to track down and kill another of our kind. My life has changed in oh so many ways..I couldn't resist that's from a Beatles song.

Cro:
Good one, I know, I love the Beatles as well, please continue.

Joe:
Oh yeah, I forget we're so similar. Anyway while I'm still in touch with my friends and family I had to drop out of university with all the pressure being a vampire brought me, I had to cope with letting a woman die and while he got what he deserved I have to keep a certain criminal act a secret. As if all that wasn't enough I have to keep quiet about the fact that I am a vampire and one day take on a new identity. It makes Dungeons and Dragons even more appealing than before. Speaking of, do you still play...at..um your age?

Cro:
My age? I'm only 36...sigh I remember being 23 and thinking anyone over 30 was old and yes I still play. Oh and by the way I do agree with you about my job, it's boring as hell. Lots of regular people have dull jobs, I can't wamboozle people out of their money and let my super-rich immortal girlfriend pick up the slack, I've got bills to pay.

Joe:
Sounds like someone's got regrets and maybe needs to write another book. I can relate to the regret part though and just to be clear, I never ask for money, she offers and you know what they say never...

Cro:
...look a gift horse in the mouth I know. I do have one big advantage over you though.

Joe:
Oh yeah what's that?

Cro:
I know what happens next for you. *evil grin*

Joe:
*gulps* You wouldn't kill me? I'm you in another world, as you say.

Cro:
You'll have to wait and see. Thanks Joseph for taking the time to talk with me and the whole wide world on the Internet. We'll talk to you soon.

Joe:
*in background woman calls out "leave your computer device alone and come to bed, I promise to make it worth your while"* Yeah I need to go anyway. You're welcome, keep me around for a while ok? Being a vampire can be a lot of funs sometimes.

*Skype session closes*

*********************************************

Character Interview with Cassandra Snow

*Skype sessions opens*


Cro:
I'm sitting here with Cassandra Snow, vampire and other main character of the book "The Newfoundland Vampire" written by yours truly. Cassandra is kind enough to take time out of her busy schedule to talk with me and readers of this blog. Cassandra, hello and a pleasure to meet you.

Cass:
Can you see me? I’m not sure about this computer chat thing, it’s rather new to me and oh I understand you’re on this screen as well. Oh my aren’t you a handsome man, you remind me a great deal of my progeny Joseph.

Cro:
Well that makes sense. He was based on me and I did create him. You though are a little more unique as you’re a combination of a real person, Catherine Mandeville Snow, and what I imagined you’d be like now as a vampire.

Cass:
Hmm, how fascinating. So am I everything you’d hope I’d be? I must thank you for my hair and figure, they are quite nice. You would make a fine vampire yourself, slightly older and more distinguished. I’ll have to ask Joseph to try growing a partial-beard as you have, it adds a nice dash of mystery to you. Oh my there is no secrets with you! *laughs* Yes I am the same woman who had her neck stretched oh so many years ago. Innocent of course, the courts back then were a farce.

Cro:
Oh yes naturally. You’re welcome for your…umm…attributes I guess I have a thing for red hair. I’m not sure if the real Catherine had red hair and a shapely figure but I made sure you did. We’re way off topic here though. So in your..umm..historic lifespan what would you say is the most important thing you’ve learned?

Cass:
Oh a direct man who gets right to the point, I like that. Oh and I appreciate the wording, while I have been alive over 200 years I am by no means old but to your question. It’s interesting perhaps 100 years ago I would have said power, money, freedom to do what you want but I can see now that those things matter little. The most important thing to be now is having a companion, something to spend eternity with and I will do anything to protect him. *eyes flash red for a second*

Cro:
What is it with you two and intimidation? I’m not the enemy here. I created you two after. An interesting answer, thank you. We’re running out of time here so one more question. If you had to do one thing different what would it be?

Cass:
Did my eyes flash? Oh sorry sweetie, purely an accident I assure you. Well now, that is a bugger of a question. I suppose by greatest mistake was underestimating my estranged husband John, it’s one I shall not make again I assure you.

Cro:
It has been a pleasure speaking with you. Enjoy your evening and I hope you enjoy what I have planned for you.

Cass:
The same to you good sir and no matter what happens to me, look after my beloved Joseph.

*Skype sessions ends*


*********************************************

Charles O'Keefe Bio:

Charles O’Keefe lives in the beautiful province of Newfoundland, Canada, with his wife and two feline ‘children,’ Jude and Esther. He works as an inventory manager and enjoys many hobbies and activities that include writing, reading, watching fantasy/science-fiction movies and television shows, gaming, poker, walking, acting, and of course fantasizing about vampires.
More on Charles O'Keefe:

*********************************************

Check out my 4 star review here:

Charles O'Keefe Interview HERE  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D