CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Indie Book Review: Heritage Avenged (Enchanted Bookstore Legend #2) by Marsha A. Moore

Author: Marsha A. Moore
Series: Enchanted Bookstore Legends
Number in Series: 2
Format: Ebook (PDF)
Pages: 192
Release Date: May 29, 2012
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: Epic Fantasy/Paranormal Romance














Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Lyra McCauley receives an alarming letter from the coroner who evaluated her deceased aunt, originally thought to have died of cancer. The news causes Lyra to take leave from her job and travel from sunny Tampa to the frozen island community in northern Michigan. Questioning whether Dragonspeir magic was responsible for her aunt’s death, she resolves to learn the truth and accepts the Imperial Dragon’s appointment into the Alliance sorcery training.

Additionally, becoming proficient in magic craft is the only way she can bridge the gap between her mortal human world and her lover’s. Cullen, a 220-year-old wizard, is dependent upon his Dragonspeir magic for immortality. He is her only family now; she cannot lose him.

Evil forces block her and try to steal her inherited scribal aura. Riding a stealth dragon, a cloaked rider pursues Lyra. Both the Alliance and Dark Realm alchemists lay tricks and traps. Her aura equals that of the first and most powerful Scribe, but will Lyra’s novice training allow her to discover the truth? Will she be able to be with Cullen, or will the Dark Realm keep them apart?

*********************************************


      I really loved this sequel to Seeking A Scribe. Moore has once again given us a fantasy world full of great characters and action. Our story focuses on Lyra again and her accepting her new role as the Scribe, but she is having some insecurity issues with her new found powers with magic. But while adjusting to her new job as a teacher, she receives a disturbing letter about her recently deceased Aunt Jean. Lyra believes she had succumbed to the cancer she was battling, but the letter says otherwise. She is on a mission to find what has really happened to her and the only way she can is to learn all she can about her magic through her mentor and lover, Cullen. But there are those that are willing to do anything to keep them apart and Lyra must learn all she can quickly before their bond is completely gone.

     I loved all these characters. Lyra is really growing into her own. She has doubts about herself given the massive shoes she must fill. But she kept her own. Cullen was as delicious as ever. I love the relationship these two have together. They are quite the perfect match. I love that they were able to spend more time together in Dragonspeir. Cullen isn't able to spend too long a time in the human world, so I like that the majority of this book was placed in his world. I loved this because the world Moore has created is so fantastical. I especially loved the animals just as I did in the first book. Kenzo, one of Cullen's familiars, is back and more cool than ever. He helps Lyra a lot in this book even when she couldn't really help herself. Yasqu and Noba are also back. I adored them as much in this book as I did in the first one. Although they don't have as big a part as in Seeking A Scribe. Still, they brought a smile to my face. Cullen and Lyra have a lot obstacles to face in this book and they need all the help they can get. I won't spoil what takes place, but their love will be put to the test and Lyra will really be pushed to her limits.

      I loved where Moore took this book. I had my suspicions before and I was right. The story was fun and action packed. Some characters I was curious about from Seeking A Scribe make a reappearance in a big way. For instance, Ravelin is in this. I liked him, but he set off some alarms. Let's just say you have no idea. We also have Eburscon who is quite neutral is the first book, but we know he is planning something. He plays quite the role in the predicament Lyra finds herself in. Man, it is so hard not to spoil. But I am doing my best. Moore is a great storyteller, so the build up in this book was just spot on for me.

      I can't say more about this. Moore packs a lot in this time around. We get romance, magic, action, adventure, talking unicorns, talking dragons, talking trees, creepy trees, and so much more. Obviously this book was more than exciting. This was a well written book and I loved every minute of it. The characters and their interactions with each other was a fun experience. Just as fun as book one. The ending has me dying for the third book which I have also received from Moore herself. I cannot wait to start it, finally! Definitely recommended for Fantasy lovers.
  

Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenges (read last year, but only reviewing now)*
BCC's Speculative Romance Reading Challenge 2012

*********************************************

Check out review for book 1 here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D