CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Trailer + Indie Book Review: Luminaire (Florence Waverly #2) by Ciye Cho

Book Trailer




*********************************************

Author: Ciye Cho
Series: Florence Waverly
Number in Series: 2
Format: ePub
Pages: 250
Publisher: Self-published
Release Date: July 1, 2012
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy/Paranormal Romance













Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads


Being the only human in a world of merfolk... isn't easy. Florence Waverley chose to stay in Niemela, but things have gone awry. Secrets have risen and the prince she cares about has pulled away. All the while, dark dreams warn her of a tragedy that only she can stop. But in order to save the merman she loves, Florence will have to enter the Life Path tournament: a brutal test of fear and madness.

The tournament is a rite of passage--a maze where young mermaids and mermen battle to find their purpose. It is also a place where Florence will face grave danger: mermaids with evil magic, tunnels filled with sea fire, and guardians who wish to use her as a pawn in their secret plans. But will Florence be strong enough to survive the tournament... or will she perish inside it?

Everything hangs in the balance: her life, her world, and her love.


*********************************************

     Luminaire is the sequel to Florence. We continue to follow Florence in her adventure in the underwater world of Niemela. Florence is trying to adjust to her new life as a mermaid. Still recovering over the battle to save Niemela from Rolan's brother, Kiren, Rolan and Florence have grown distant. Florence has no idea what is wrong and is hurt by Rolan's actions. Things are even more terrible when Florence starts to get dreams about something that will destroy Niemela and it all starts with the tournament. Every Niemela must take part in a tournament to stay in Niemela. The pressure is on for Florence who is already an outcast, so she has to fight to find her place or risk leaving and not stopping the coming danger to Niemela.

     I had a blast with this. I love this just as much as I love the first book, which made my Top 11 Books of 2012 list. I loved the growing friendship between Florence and Yolee, Rolan's sister. They were sort of in the same boat and I loved how much they helped each other. I am a huge Rolan fan, but I wanted to strangle the hell out of him in this book. The way he ignored Florence for most of this book pissed me off. I guess I can understand the why, but still that was mean. He thinks that if a human were to fall in love with a merperson, that human would lose their soul. So he is doing it to protect her, but goodness man, it is her decision, not yours. Nonetheless, I still love him. You'll see why. Another character I felt like slapping was Marilenna. Man she was quite the bully, but considering her dad, it is no surprise. The girl likes to win and will do anything to get to the top. But I like where her story goes. And Wynn...oh how I love Wynn! He was adorable. He was a scholar, but he always felt like he has something to prove. You will be rooting for him a lot in this book. Trust me.

     I love the idea of giving Florence these dreams about what will happen to Niemela. It was a scary future for sure. I love the mystery of finding out who was behind it. It was crazy. I especially love when they are in the actually tournament. I will never look at a starfish the same way again. That was very creative along with the Mermidors. Seriously, that would be a great scene if it were a movie. Could have used these chicks in the latest “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie instead of the mermaids they had. But I won't give away how it all came about though, but it was amazing and action packed.

     This was an amazing read. I loved the ending. We actually learn something pretty interesting about Florence near the end as well. I hope we get more in the next book. This book was full of action, suspense, and mystery. I loved the characters and, like in the first book, the world building is still amazing. This book was just a lot of fun. Highly recommended!


Rating:






*This book belongs to the following challenges*
*********************************************
Check out my review for Florence (Florence Waverly #1)
 

2 comments:

  1. The cover is so Rennaissance art, I'm a fan of it! A lot of people really like this book, I don't think its for me but I totallly get why it's gained a following. Great review Diana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is beautiful, isn't it? Sorry it isn't your thing hon. It is still a great read though. Thank you hon. I am glad you like the review :)

      Delete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D