CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, March 17, 2013

ARC Review: Exposed (Just One Night #2) by Kyra Davis

Author: Kyra Davis
Series: Just One Night
Number in Series: 2
Format: ePub (Edelweiss)
Expected Release Date: January 21, 2013
Pages: 152
Publisher: Pocket Star
Genre: Literary Fiction/Erotic Romance/Contemporary Romance













Buy here:
Synopsis from Goodreads 
Part 2 of the Just One Night series. One passionate night with a stranger turned Kasie’s world upside down, and just when she thought she was getting the hang of things, her fiancé finds out...

You should sleep with a stranger —those words whispered in her ear by her best friend became a challenge Kasie took to heart. Suddenly, the man who gave her the most shocking pleasure in that upscale Vegas hotel —a man whose name she never bothered to find out —is her company’s biggest client.

As this unknown man becomes Mr. Dade at the office, and Mr. Dade becomes Robert in the bedroom, Kasie’s passion won’t let her deny him anything he wants. But when her fiancé, Dave, finds out, there’s no telling what he will do to keep her, or what Robert will do to steal her away once and for all.
*********************************************

      Exposed is the sequel to Kyra Davis's Just One Night series. This book picks up right where The Stranger left off. Kasie has got herself into a horrible spot. Dave knows what she has been doing and he is out for revenge. He knows her secret and if she doesn't do what he tells her, he will ruin her career and her relationship with her family. Kasie now feels more trapped than ever and is trying to break free. She wants to break free to be with Robert, the man she cheated on Dave with. Both men are doing whatever they can to keep her, but Kasie wants to do things her own way, but first she needs to find out how to break out of her prison.



      Oh my goodness, the frustrations I feel towards this book. I just couldn't believe all that took place. I need to read the third book. I absolutely have to know how this will end. I felt really bad for Kasie. Yes, what she did was wrong, but I see her reason for doing it. She didn't love Dave, but kept convincing herself that she did because she was afraid to disappoint those around her. Dave went over the edge. I honestly couldn't believe how far he went in this book. He wanted to do everything in his power to humiliate Kasie in private and in front of her family and co-workers. It was kind of scary. He told her she was a whore and forced her to admit to herself. He wants to make her pay or he will strip everything she has worked so hard for and some might argue was given. The owner of the company she works for is Dave's godfather. One call from Dave revealing all of Kasie's transgressions and her Harvard education won't matter to those closest to her. The respect she has earned from her co-workers will be thrown out the window. Her family has already lost a child who was far from perfect. Kasie is supposed to be the good one. If they find out what she has done, they will compare her to her sister and shun her forever.



      I was mad at Kasie at first for not telling Robert, but then I understood. It is important she is able to handle this on her own. Her livelihood rests in someone else's hands weights on her because they helped in her success. She knows it is her battle to fight, but she doesn't know ehre to start. But she knows she is a smart woman. She needs to out figure out how to break Dave. What can she do when he is holding all the cards?



      I knew from The Stranger that Asha was trouble. She scared me more than Dave in this book. I knew she knew too much. I am curious to see what will happen with her. I know she must have something up her sleeve. That kind of viciousness doesn't evaporate overnight. Then of course there is Robert. I liked him in The Stranger and loved how he helped Kasie open her eyes. He made her realize the things I was screaming at when reading the book. But we didn't really know much about him in first book. I loved the tension between them. I loved how much he was willing to help her...at first. All while reading this you wonder whether she is entering another prison with Robert right after leaving Dave's. It was incredibly intense.



      This is a story about revenge and power. Everything is how to one up the other. But by the end you see who holds everyone's cards. This book did not go the way I thought it would. The Stranger was great and intense. But this book pushed it a little further. This was an edgy and calculating power play. I couldn't believe where this book went. I almost wanted to cry, it got to me that much. But I enjoyed this book a lot. Davis' writing style is incredible. She really knows how to grab your attention and keep it there even if all the characters drive you off the wall. Seriously, they will get on your nerves. I can't even begin to predict where the final book will end up. I am both excited and scared. Definitely recommend this read to someone who wants an edgy kind of contemporary romance.
  

Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenge*
BCC's 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2013!
The Book Vixen's 2013 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge

*********************************************

Check out my 4 star review for The Stranger HERE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D