CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Indie Book Review - Uno Kudo Vol. 2: Naked (Uno Kudo #2) by Aaron Dietz

Author: Aaron Dietz
Series: Uno Kudo
Number in Series: 2
Format: PDF
Release Date: November 19, 2012
Pages: 71
Publisher: Createspace/Self-published
Genre: Poems/Artwork/Literature



 
Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads


Uno Kudo is a literary and arts publication that features significant new words and art from a diverse array of contributors, presented in expressive and luscious layouts. The theme for this volume is "Naked" and includes literature from Erin Parker and Raven Kane, art from Kent Williams and Brooke Shaden, and over 40 other writers and artists from around the globe.


*********************************************


     Uno Kudo: Naked (Vol. 2) is a book of poems and artwork. Reviewing poems is definitely new for me, but I will do my best. I was supposed to review this a while back, but I know some of you know of my current craziness. The cover is one one of many pieces of beautiful work in the book. They are bold, colorful, unusual, and quite hypnotic. I love all the various poems in this book and the different emotions they bring. The poems really range from well...being naked. Naked as in baring it all, standing out, emotion just being vulnerable. I had a few favorites in this book, but I think my favorite was “Hallelujah” by Megan Elizabeth Carey. It was about breaking from conformity set by society, more specifically from the Church. How being a girl growing up and making yourself “gender-neutral” or you will be chastised. Some were dark and really bared all and others will make smile like “Wet Panties” by Christie King. That was just a sweet story with a touch of naughty. The book is just beautiful, plain and simple. Here are some pictures to give you an idea:


     I love this collection. They flowed together beautifully. This book really bared it all and wasn't afraid to go to some dark places. It is a thought-provoking read. I was so captivated with this. The mix of poetry and the visuals were amazing and made the poems even more enjoyable. I recommend this read for those who want something striking and bold. Go and check it out now.

Rating:



 

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to read our book, and for reviewing it! We're are so flattered and grateful.

    Warmly,
    Chrissa, an Uno Kudo'n

    ReplyDelete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D