CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, April 8, 2013

Indie Book Review: The Loved and the Lost (The Verona Trilogy #3) by Lory S. Kaufman

Author: Lory S. Kaufman
Series: The Verona Trilogy
Number in Series: 3
Format: ePub
Release Date: February 5, 2012
Pages: 313
Publisher: Fiction Studio
Genre: Young Adult/Science Fiction/ Dystopian/Historical Fiction/Romance













Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

They are three time travelers desperate to return to 14th-century Verona to reclaim their medieval family s shattered lives. It is a mission fraught with danger and the risk of unexpected consequences for themselves and for their worlds. For all three, it is a matter of the heart. For one, though, it is truly the only thing that matters, as the fate of his eternal love and the life of their unborn child is the prize to be won or lost forever. In this, the final book of THE VERONA TRILOGY, Hansum, Shamira and Lincoln go on the boldest adventure of their lives. They will face hardship, tragedy, and threats from sources they couldn t have imagined all in an effort to wrestle a future from the steely grip of an unforgiving past.

*********************************************

      The Loved and The Lost is the final installment in the Verona trilogy and what an ending to such an epic series. This time around the team knows what the History Camp was up to. They now know what they have to do to fix things, but will history repeat itself? They travel back to 14th century Verona again to save their extended family, but they see that it will not be easy at all. There are more dangers around then they originally thought.

      I loved this. This was a great ending to an incredible series. I loved seeing how much these characters have grown. They have went from being troublesome kids with not a care in the world to becoming people who are willing to help and sacrifice for the ones they love. I love all the characters even more this time around. As mentioned, I love how much Hansum has changed. His improvement is immense. He started off as such a brat. But now he is a man on a mission. He wants to save Guilietta from the unfortunate fate that had befallen her. He wants to save her and their unborn child. They want to bring her to the future. It was so painful to see because every time they traveled back into the 14th century, the consequences were worse and worse.

      I also love Lincoln and Shamira of course. Lincoln is definitely a favorite. I love how much he has grown, but he is still able to be funny and make me laugh. And Shamira has found a new love named Kingsley. I loved them both especially Kingsley. He was quite sexy and lovable. We still have all the other characters that we have grown to love or hate. I still must say, I still feel bad for Uglinio. He has done some bad and equally stupid things, but I don't know. I think it was all the hits to the head. He might have turned out differently. But maybe I am just making excuses for him.

      I love all the emotion that was put into this. You will go from screaming curses to crying your eyes out. I love that the History Camp wants them to really learn from their lessons. The story was so intense and full of twists, it killed me. You won't believe where this goes. I loved what Kaufman threw at us even though it had me screaming at times. It was so amazing. I really loved the ending. Man, I wish I could spoil you guys. But you have to experience it for yourself.

      I highly recommend this book. I highly recommend this whole series. It takes you places you never thought you would go. Even if time travel isn't your thing, this is still a must read. It is never boring or confusing. You will root for all these characters and be completely entranced in their incredible journeys in the future and the past. What a great mix of historical fiction, dystopian, and science fiction. You really won't find anything like this trilogy. This series is a must read.


Rating:






*This book belongs to the following challenges*
 
*********************************************
 
Check out my reviews for book 1 and 2 here:

*********************************************
About Lory S. Kaufman
I write Post-Dystopian fiction. After society’s collapse, which is imagined in so many great dystopian stories, humans will either fade into history, with the dinosaurs, or, if it learns the right lessons, society will go on to construct a civilization to last tens of thousands of years. History Camp stories are the exciting adventures of young people doing the latter." -Lory Kaufman 

On the artistic side of my career, I've written, acted and directed children’s theatre and musical theatre. I enjoy art, especially sculpture. I love science fiction and historical fiction and have been deeply involved in the green movement all across North America. I think all these thing show through when you read my work. I have three grown children and work and live in Kingston.
 
 
Follow Lory S. Kaufman
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D