CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, April 1, 2013

I.O. Book Tours Presents - Indie Book Review: Seduced by Innocence (Seduced #1) by Kimberly Kinrade


Author: Kimberly Kinrade
Series: Seduced
Number in Series: 1
Format: ePub
Release Date: January 27, 2013
Pages: 190
Publisher: Daring Books
Genre: New Adult/Paranormal Romance/Erotic Romance













Buy here:

Synopsis from Goodreads



Their passion will destroy them.
Only true love can save them.


"Liquid fire poured into me, filling me with the intimate sense of him as he leaned in to claim my lips with his own. I reached for him, needing him closer, but my arms couldn't close the distance between us, which grew wider with each hitched breath. So close to finally feeling something real, something carnal and deep, I cried out in frustration, dropping my hands as he disappeared. My cries deepened into a frenzy of panic and my eyes flew open. I clutched my blanket and stilled myself to calm my racing heart.

Just a dream. Always just a dream."

Rose Wintersong didn't have an ordinary upbringing. Raised in what most would call a hippy commune, but what is actually a powerful coven of witches, she never questions the life fate chose for her.

Until she meets Derek O'Conner.

Derek challenges everything Rose believes and forces her to see the secrets hidden beneath the whitewashed walls of her idyllic country life.

Rose knows she should walk away, that the sexy martial arts instructor is bad news bred to create discord in her tight community… but the animal magnetism between them is impossible to fight.

Caught between the passion of first love, and the steady beat of the life she's always known, Rose must choose between the innocence of her youth or the pleasures of womanhood—but lost innocence comes at a price, and Rose harbors a dark secret that could destroy everyone she loves—including Derek. 


*********************************************

      Seduced by Innocence is a retelling of Shakespeare’s classic, Romeo and Juliet. Our main character Rose is a witch who lives in the mountain with her coven. Her coven has a rival with a group of half werewolf/half Druids who love nearby. One night after the Druids seemingly vandalized some of the coven’s property, On the same night, Rose realizes her mom, the queen of the coven, needs help. So naturally, Rose defends her mother with her powers. Rose is very careful about touching people; she is scared to touch people. Rose has the ability to suck someone’s soul from their body. They don’t die, they are in a coma. But Rose knows she needs to learn a new way to fight and not use her powers on someone. She and her best friend, Ocean, start to take martial arts. But Rose had no idea that the martial arts instructor would be by so mouthwatering. Things steam up between them, but the secrets they hide from each other could be enough to tear them apart for good,

      Ok, this is definitely going on my favorites list. I love love love this book. I love this more modern and paranormal take on Romeo and Juliet. I really enjoyed Rose. I felt sorry for the fact that she couldn’t take anyone. Any strong emotion seems to bring her powers to the forefront. Am I the only one that was thinking about Anna Paquin as Rogue from X-Men? She too could suck the life out of someone. Goodness that is so depressing. But I do love that even though she hated it, she didn’t let it bring her down. I liked that she thought about trying to protect herself in other ways instead of always putting someone into comatose. That is especially due to her best friend Ocean who was a lot of fun in this book. I heard that Ocean will be getting her own book and I sure as hell can’t wait. She is a wild and spunky, but she will have you smiling. Not to mention, she is the first one to see that something isn’t quite right with the coven. She was incredible.

      We also had Derek, the sexy martial arts instructor. He is very free spirited and doesn’t want to be a clone of his father. But he hears what has happened to his brother, so he knows he must go back home. I love that Kinrade wrote this book from both his POV and Rose’s. I loved being in Derek’s head. We see how much he is trying to deal with being back home, But I loved that the relationship between him and Rose made him want to stay. Although I did want to slap him for even considering leaving at first. Their scenes together were amazing especially when they were at the cabin. I was a little peeved that they stayed there for two weeks and we didn't see that much of their “private” time. Derek's hot as hell and I want more. Kinrade, you are a tease. But we got some memorable scenes, so I won't complain that much. I think I should invest in my own jacuzzi.


      I loved the mystery of trying to uncover what Rose's mother is hiding. From the get go you know something isn't quite right especially with Blake. Blake is head over heels in love with Rose, he will do anything to be with her. But he is 100% human. So you wonder exactly why he is there in the coven in the first place when humans aren't allowed. Like I said, this was why I loved Ocean because she said what I was thinking. She brought up a great point as to why she was there herself. So I am more curious as to why Blake is there. We see that he is human, but maybe not entirely. How could he do what he did? Did he make a deal of some kind or something? I am dying to find out. I love this idea of fueling families and where it went. Kinrade did a brilliant job of keeping the mystery between the both of them. Sometimes you see books and movies do this and it seems a bit contrived, but here it worked and made sense.


      I highly recommend this especially if you are curious about the New Adult genre. There aren't enough New Adult PNR reads and there should be. This book was quite erotic and sexy. It was a quick read which really is my only complaint. It needs to be longer dammit! I am so in love with this series. Everything came together for me and I am so excited for the next book. I am giddy with joy to uncover the secret. I am also scared because it will be huge. I know everyone knows the Romeo and Juliet story and have probably read other renditions. But this is a must read. Kinrade makes this her own and I am sure Shakespeare would be happy. Add this to your must buy list.


Rating:





*This book belongs to the following challenge*
Under The Covers Book Blog 2013 Immortal Reading Challenge!
 
*********************************************

Kimberly Kinrade Bio:

Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes fantasy and paranormal stories for children, YA and adults and still believes in magic worlds. Check out her YA paranormal novels Forbidden Mind and Forbidden Fire and her illustrated children's fantasy chapter books Lexie World, and Bella World, all on Amazon.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, her two dogs who think they're humans and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.
  
Follow Kimberly Kinrade here:
Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Linkedin  |  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D