CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Monday, April 8, 2013

Temptation Unleashed Blog Tour - Book Review: Temptation Unleashed by Kari Thomas


Author: Kari Thomas

Format: PDF

Release Date: March 1, 2009

Pages: 272

Publisher: Samhain Publishing

Genre: Paranormal Romance















Buy here:


Synopsis from Goodreads

Something wild this way comes. Once a powerful, practicing Wiccan, Kira Douglas has reluctantly moved to wild and beautiful Sedona, Arizona for only one reason-assume custody of her dead sister's daughter. She immediately runs into an obstacle. The child's uncle, the disturbingly sexy Aiden Calhoun, refuses to give her up. Aiden has good reason for not allowing Kira custody of his precious niece. The child is half witch, half shapeshifter. Allowing her to take the girl could expose the family's shapeshifting secret he has spent a lifetime protecting. Their instant attraction isn't just an inconvenient temptation. It could put his entire family in danger. But an evil force is re-emerging, bent on destroying everything they know and love. The only way to survive is to put all differences aside. And overcome the nightmare that once broke Kira's faith. This title has been revised and expanded from its previously published version. Warning: This book contains explicit, howling-under-the-desert-moon love scenes and some wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap language.
 
*********************************************
 
      Temptation Unleashed is a story about a were-cougar named Aiden. He is suffering because his sister-in-law, Sonia, killed his brother Kyle and herself. She is a witch and it seems she was involved in some dark magic that destroyed his brother and has ruined his family. But the one bright side is his niece Marissa who has a secret they all must hide. Aiden is a cougar. His entire family are shapeshifters and Marissa has the power as well. One problem is Sonia's sister, Kira. Aiden obviously doesn't trust her, but he is also attracted to her. She is also a witch and thinks she might do anything to get custody of Marissa. But Kira doesn't seem to know about him and his kind. Not only does he love their niece, but letting her be with Kira would expose their secret. But that is the least of their problems. Something seems to be happening to the shapeshifters and they must band together to get to the bottom of it.

      Oh now this is the kind of read I love. Such an amazing story. I loved our leading male Aiden. Oh he just oozed pure alpha male. Goodness he was hot. I loved how passionate he was about his family and trying to protect them. He knows he needs to keep their “other” identities secret even though magic is accepted in the world. Kira was a good character as well. She was sweet, but she did have spunk. I love how she was able to stand up against Aiden even though he was intimidating. Another thing I loved was the chemistry between Aiden and Kira. It was a great push and pull between them. I loved their scenes together. To say they were sexy is an understatement.

      I loved the side characters as well in this. Lena was a great cousin. I got the feeling she knew about Aiden and his family. I especially had that feeling during the obvious attraction to Aiden's brother Gavin who was a werewolf. There was definitely something between them. I hope we get more. Hopefully in the second book or something. I would really love that. I also loved Aiden and Gavin's sister Riana who was cursed by Sonia. I won't tell you what happened though.

      I loved this story of opposites attract and misunderstandings. I felt really bad for Kira given how in the dark she was. She was so out of the picture with her family, she can't believe just how bad things are specifically that her sister killed her husband and herself. She thinks that Sonia's spirit is coming by to tell her to get her child Marissa away from Aiden and his family. They run a wildlife preserve and the “animals” are always in and around the house. She doesn't even know the half of it. I loved where this story goes.

      This is definitely one of my favorite reads this year. It is so well written and well paced. I was hooked from page one and I couldn't put it down. Thomas is one hell of a storyteller. This is my first read from her and it definitely won't be my last. I want more of this world and these characters. Highly recommended to any Paranormal Romance fans.
 
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
*This book belongs to the following challenges*
Under The Covers Book Blog 2013 Immortal Reading Challenge!

*********************************************
 
About Kari Thomas

I was born and raised in Florida. We moved to Arizona when I was 15. Talk about culture shock! The two states are so opposite of each other! I have lived in AZ for most of my adult life, taking time out to attend BYU in Provo, Utah. After school I returned home to become my mom's Caregiver. I started writing then, too, although I had always wrote at one time or another in my life.  My mom was a writer too; one of her stories won a state-wide Contest and was Serialized in the North Fort Myers, Florida Newspaper for 17 weeks. I'm a professed Book-A-Holic, and mom taught me to read before I started school. So, I guess that means I was destined to be a writer ---one way or another!

 I love doing Research for my books, and plan on venturing into the Non Fiction genre some time in the near future. So many subjects, so little time!

 
Follow Kari Thomas here:
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a part of the tour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me hon. It was a blast :)

      Delete
  2. BIG THANKS, Diana, for that wonderful Review! You made my whole month!
    I do have 2 FREE Epilogues for Lena & Gavin, and Rianna's, love stories if you'd like copies. Send me an email....

    THANKS again! Happy Reading Hugs, Kari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. I am so glad you liked it. I will drop an email right now. I can't wait. Thank you again :)

      Delete

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D