CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October Releases

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Gargoyle Book Tour - Review: Gargoyle (The Gathering #1) by Lorraine Beaumont

BB Book Tours
Click image to visit tour page



Author: Lorraine Beaumont
Series: The Gathering
Number in Series: 1
Format: ePub
Release Date: August 31, 2012
Pages: 281
Publisher: Self-published
Genre: New Adult/Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy














Buy here:
Buy Elyograg (The Gathering #0.5) for FREE here:
Amazon  |  Kobo  |  Smashwords
Synopsis from Goodreads 
Briar Cliff Township- New England's best kept secret...turns out it has a few secrets of its own.

For much of the year Briar Cliff is exactly the same as any other small town snugly nestled in forests of the New England coast. But once a year when the winds change old stirrings arise from long kept secrets, forgotten misdeeds and a thirst for vengeance. And so it begins...Something wicked this way comes.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the series -these aren't your normal, everyday, ugly Gargoyle’s either. They are tortured, hot, witty and will make you wish you had one for yourself...Imagine what Edward did for Vamps; Jacob, for Wolves, and surprisingly enough, what Loki did for (swallow hard) ugly Trolls… enter a captivating world of magic, mystery, forbidden love, betrayal and sacrifice.

This is a YA/NA/Adult novel with language, violence, and sexual situations. Not recommended for readers under the age of 17.
 
*********************************************
      This was quite a different read for me. I really enjoyed this book. Beaumont definitely has quite an interesting read here. Gargoyle is one of those books that slowly sucks you in page by page. The characters are quite intriguing and slowly grow on you. Our main character Evie was a fun, but shy girl. I loved her spunk. She had me cracking up sometimes. I liked her best friend Moriah as well. She wasn't all that great a best friend given the surprise she had for Evie. But you can tell she cared for her and really thought of her as a best friend. I wish we got to see more of that actually.

      I love the world Beaumont has created. I love the idea of the gargoyles coming to life. I loved our main one Adriane. I loved his instant connection to Evie even though she kind of freaked her out at first. He was so freaking hot, I have got to say. I can't wait to see more between them. They were great together. I also enjoyed his friends/gargoyles; Simon and Alistair. I loved both of these characters. I am very curious about where these characters will go. Simon is great, but he does seem like he can be a troublemaker, but he isn't a jerk. Alistair seems like he is getting more and more powerful. Adriane is the leader, but there could be a powerplay between him and Alistair. I can't wait to see what more is to come.

      This is more of a character driven story, well for the majority of it anyway. We don't know what is going on until the halfway point. The build does reel you in. It is a slow build up, but in a good way. The characters are out at this exclusive party at a mansion surrounded by gargoyles. But no one doesn't know who exactly chose the spot. I love where the book went. I seriously didn't see that coming. That was an unexpected twist ad I loved it a lot.

      This book may not be for everyone. It doesn't focus on the plot as much as some would like. Instead we get a little bit of all the characters and their connections with each other and these gargoyles. I liked it, but I would have wanted more of the story. I am sure we will get it with book 2. Beaumont left us on quite the cliffhanger. I am pretty excited where book 2 will go with this. I recommend this read for those looking for an intriguing and gothic New Adult PNR.
Rating:
 



*********************************************
About Lorraine Beaumont
  
 I write new adult time-travel romance and urban fantasy that also has romance –The Ravenhurst Series –is my time-travel series which is filled with unexpected twists and turns, and an ensemble cast of characters that include but are not limited to, dysfunctional hotties, and heroine’s, which really aren’t the normal kind you would read about. The first three books in the series are available now.

I also write a series about Gargoyles, The Gathering Series, an urban fantasy with plenty romance and grit. For those of you who aren't familiar with the series -these aren't your normal, everyday, ugly Gargoyle’s either. They are tortured, hot, witty and will make you wish you had one for yourself...The first two books are available now.

When I am not writing twisted tales about places I conjure in my mind, I enjoy spending time with my family, watching great movies, losing myself in the pages of other author’s amazing stories, renovating my hundred-year-old farmhouse, and finding treasure-I can score a find at just about any flea market, yard sale, and or auction.

My favorite Authors include but are not limited to – Anne Rice, Stephen King, Judith McNaught, Laurie Notaro, and Mary Shelley.

I believe-
A bit of indulgence is good for the soul
Nice people NEVER finish last
And if you try your best and have faith anything is possible.
 
Follow Lorraine Beaumont here
Blog  |  Facebook  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest  |  Twitter


*********************************************

Check out the other blogs on this tour HERE or below:


Tour Schedule:
5/13/2013 Kara Ashley Dey
5/14/2013Offbeat Vagabond
5/15/2013Librarian Mouse
5/16/2013Jessica Loves Books
5/17/2013Romancing the Dark Side
5/20/2013Books and Things
5/21/2013Imagine a World
5/22/2013Library Mosaic
5/23/2013Fandom Fanatic
5/27/2013Ladybug Storytime
5/29/2013Leeanna.me
5/30/2013BookWormInBarrie
5/31/2013Reading… Dreaming
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the daily spam comments I have been getting lately and to avoid the annoying word verification, Anonymous comments are no more. I do not want bargains on bags, watches, jerseys, boots and other crap. Geez, they could at least spam me with book and movie stuff, I would be somewhat interested LOL! Thank you :D